Anyone Else Not in a Hurry to Upgrade to 3.0?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by gekkota, Jun 20, 2009.

1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I have a first gen Touch, so there really isn't all that much benefit to upgrading immediately. Don't really care about all these "great" new features, like cut-and-paste, push notifications, blah, blah, blah.
    It seems like people are reporting various problems (like they always do whenever there's an update in the OS) so I am consciously waiting to see how prevalent these issues are.
    But I am feeling kind of "left out," :rolleyes: so I am wondering whether anyone else is also waiting to upgrade...

2. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    just in case you dont know, you can get the update for free of you restore your ipod

3. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    ^^^ weed, that wasn't what the OP was talking about. :rolleyes:

OP, you are not alone. I'm also not upgrading. Currently everything is working fine for me, and I see no need to upgrade. At least until my contract expires in August. Then I'll be updating by hardware. :cool:

4. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    i know it wasnt what he was talking about, but i posted that just in case he didnt know.

anyways, on topic, i dont see any real necessity for upgrading, if i were gekkota, i would just wait for apple to come out with another ipod touch and get that

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm waiting 'til the bugs get sorted through and the servers to cool down. Don't want an iBrick, and yeah, 3.0 doesn't really set my heart all a flutter.

6. Delirium211

Delirium211 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Yeah Im hearing apps stopped working. I have 9 pages full of apps and games. I want to wait until I'm sure not a lot will get hit or probably until the next patch...

7. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Well, it's good to hear I'm not alone on this one!
    I think I will also wait and see if there is a patch (if needed) before I upgrade.
    Money is not a concern--it's just that everything is working fine as is, and I don't want to screw things up by downloading 3.0...:rolleyes:

8. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I'm in no hurry to upgrade to 3.0. Not particularly wow-ed by any of the new features for the touch. :) I'll probably upgrade only if a game I want to play needs it.

9. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    OMG exactly what i'm thinking

10. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

Upgraded on day one. No problems but yeah... not a lot of reason for it in retrospect. I use mine for work a lot so the cut and paste was enough for me... but overall I barely even notice that I'm on 3.0.

It does feel to be a little more sluggish actually... but just barely noticeable. I'm sue it'll get taken care of.

11. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I;m in a hurry lol :rolleyes:

12. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    I would love to update but apparently its not available in Malaysia yet... Which makes me wonder...

13. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    I'm hearing reports that you can have as many apps as you want on the iPhone/touch and have two extra pages of icons. The kicker is you now can get to the other hidden apps from the new search feature. You just need to know the name. Anyone know of a search word that will list them all?

14. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I am using it to store a 100+ Lite versions of games I have. Then I type Lite.

15. I have a first generation touch as well, and have no plans of updating to the new firmware because I'm planning on buying a new Touch once those get upgraded next. I'm willing to wait a few months for 3.0 features... there's nothing in there that really appeals to me anyway.

16. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Couldn't have said that better myself. My 9 pages of apps are more important that copy/cut/paste, push and stereo Bluetooth etc. I'll just wait to see how this whole fiasco pans out.