Anyone else a Robert Kirkman fan?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by danrel, Oct 17, 2010.

1. danrel

danrel Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Software dealings-with-er, Illustrator
    Central NC
    #1 danrel, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    Hi everyone, just wondering if there are any other Robert Kirkman fans in the forums or more so just comic book fans in general.

I've collected comics most of the twenty-seven years of my life, but I almost exclusively bought them for the art, being an artist and aspiring comic illustrator myself.

That all changed when I bought my iPad and downloaded XComics. Since then, I've discovered Robert Kirkmans work and have been ensconced with his writing/story telling style. Since discovering Roberts work(The Walking Dead, Invincible, Battle Pope, Marvel Zombies, amongst other gems) I can't seem to get enough of his writing style and as such has opened the doors to me reading and thoroughly enjoying all of the comics that I have since neglected story-wise.

I've since thoroughly enjoyed other series such as 'Chew' and 'Elephantmen' amongst others.

I apologize for the seemingly pointless rant, but there just aren't enough good things that I can say about Robert Kirkman. I think he's one of, if not the most prolific comic writers of the past ten years.

Anyone else a Robert Kirkman fan?