iPad Anybody try Foxy Hunny Arctic Adventure yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by spiffyone, Dec 31, 2008.

1. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
  2. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    I've tried to play this, sadly it was the first game to crash my iPod every time I actually start the game.

3. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Looks to be in french or spanish I dno which :(

4. Billhouse

Billhouse Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    #4 Billhouse, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
    I'm trying to give it a go, but the thing wont load on my iPod yet. Looks like it could be OK.

Edit: Got it working. It's Ok. Having it on ice does add to the difficulty but it's not overly tough. Still, it's not really anything that I think warrants buying the full version. My daughter is playing it now and she likes it, but anything with cute animals will keep her interest for a while.

5. TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
  6. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    The version I got was in English.

Oh, and as for the crash issues, the developer states that the game is a bit of a memory hog, so that might be the issue. Restart the iGame.

7. TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    They have 2 Lite versions, one in english and the other in spanish. Probably the full game has both languages.

8. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I tend to be pretty forgiving, being a platformer fan. but I did not enjoy this game. I only tried the lite version, but that was enough for me. maybe I'll give it a second go...

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I tried this on my iPhone last night (the Lite version) and ended up deleting it after about 10mins. I'm sorry but I really didn't like it. The controls were two awkward for me and it just seemed like a very basic flash game. I lost interrest very quickly.

10. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    Seems a bit miss with some here.

OPINIONS!

Anyway, I dunno what it is, but I kinda dig the game. There's obviously a lot of room for improvement, but all in all I think it's a pretty good platformer. Not overly difficult, but the ice slipping and platform placement adds a bit to the challenge in ways I don't think most other platformers so far on the app store reach.

11. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    If it looks bad and is buggy, I will not buy it or even download the lite version.

12. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England

Try a game called Bob's Dream. It's like a naff version of Super Mario Bros, but if you like something along the basic flash platforming lines such as 'Foxy...', then you'll probably have a bit of fun with Bob's Dream. There's a Lite version which I had a bit of fun with.

P.S Sorry, I don't know how to link to an App.

13. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    K.D., to link to an app, if you can find the link, right click on it, copy link location, and then paste it to the window that pops up after hitting the insert link option in the reply window.

I'll try that Bob's Dream game. Though looking at the screenshots, it doesn't capture my interest as readily as Foxy Hunny did. I dunno...maybe it's the strange way the art style reminds me of old Reading Rainbow episodes, but I dig the art style in this game.

14. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    The lite version sucks, its in Spanish and it has annoying framerate drops.

15. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    s-u-c-k-s

16. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I deleted the App from my iPhone and iTunes, and yet when I synced my iphone earlier, it reappered???

It's like that evil Krusty doll in the halloween Simpsons... everytime I get rid of it, it comes back!

17. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    That's just scary!