Any word if iphoen devs are going to put their games on the Palm Pre?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, Feb 15, 2009.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I want to see how devs will take advantage of those physical keyboards and the Gesture area!

2. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't think the Palm Pre is as powerful as the iPhone, given that it's based around things such as CSS and HTML

3. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

yeah they said the apps are all based on HTML and Javascript - No flash or real Java. I guess if devs can code their games in those, they might release them, but i doubt they'd be any good.

Anyway, who cares this is an iphone/ipod touch site!

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I haven't even heard of the Palm Pre.

5. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Exactly. I keep my sites to themselves. Like Crackberry.com, here, iPTF, and others, I don't mention the others.

Darn it, I just did.

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Say wha!. :eek:

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Oh sure. Like that's not an iPhone rip-off :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #8 Coldar, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
    Kamazar Oh sure. Like that's not an iPhone rip-off

Actually this phone is quiet the break through Palm has been needing to get back into the market. I believe (from reading threads) that many iPhone owners actually owned a Palm Treo as I did. Really liked it because you could use all the functions with only one hand (how many phones can do that?) and had 3rd party apps/games you could install just like the iPhone/Touch has now (but not as good quality of course). As far as rip-off, Palm was way ahead of Apple in regards to apps/games being installed on the phone. (I spent over 6 months refining it to my own specifications by the way). Your correct in the style/cosmetics dept though they do resemble each other and I understand in that respect of what you mean. The Palm Treo was a very user friendly phone and (sniff..) miss mine very much but alas I had to change carriers because moved to upstate NY and reception was terrible. Anyway Kamazar, just thought to enlighten you on a little history of the Palm phones.

Edit: Uhh....Think I better add that I love my Apple Touch just as much (or more)

9. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You a crackberry addict too??? :D