Any way to improve the screen sensitivity or smoothness or slipperiness?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acrotran, Aug 27, 2010.

1. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I would highly recommend AGAINST this. I've used Baby Powder (with talc) in the past and it made my fingers even MORE greasy, almost as though my sweat reacted with the powder and induced more sweat to be produced. Hard to explain, but I'm seriously. Baby Powder is a no-no.

Do what you want though :)

2. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    The baby powder solution works for me. Just touch a finger in the powder, then wipe it on a towel and resume playing.

3. mOOm

mOOm Active Member

Jul 30, 2010
    serious!? u using matt or glossy protector?

4. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Is someone notice that some fingers swipe better than other? :)

I have no explanation on this but it's easy to test and the difference seems obvious and important. Fingers I used the most for swiping, swipe quite better than other.

Also I could be wrong but my feeling is that if I take care to no press hard the screen and swipe with a light touch then no matter the fingers states or screen state the swipe is almost perfect, well when I use the improved/upgraded fingers I mention above. The problem is I tend press hard, particularly if the action is hot and probably when I start be a bit more tired. Plus with some movements its difficult to keep a light touch.

5. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    cum on the screen

6. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    Gentlemen... a thin layer of DRY super glue over your thumbs acts as a very smooth surface on the glass... happy gaming

7. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I basically just use my finger in a way that my nail is touching the device as well as my finger. The nail is perfectly slippery, but you still get enough contact with your finger for it to register. Felt a little odd at first, but its totally natural to me now, and works on any screen with any kind of surface (all the devices we have feel totally different to each other!).

Our QA guy put me onto that technique, now I always use it, especially for Fruit Ninja!

8. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Plain glass.