Any updates?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Jackaluk, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hi TA team

I'm still happy visiting the site. I appreciate you've had some real issues when it comes to revenue and I appreciate the hard work your putting in for less return!

Also know you've had some real pushback from members of the forums.

I was just wondering if it's possible to get some updates? Seems like many of the other site threads are dead or were taken over with to much negativity.

Is there any news on watch lists? Is this still even on the radar?

Are you still working to make articles / reviews link back to the forums? I know you mentioned how this sort of thing should be a little easier

To everyone not on the TA team please hold off with anything negative, this is not our site, it's still way better than anything else out there and I'm sure they are doing what they can with what they have. I for one am grateful!!

Cheers,

2. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Hi guys,

Would appreciate a response when you can find some time :)

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

All focus these days is going to increasing revenue, we have no resources to continue site development if we can't put gas in the tank.

4. Jackaluk

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey Eli,

Fully understand, hope you can resolve this rather large issue, would hate to lose TA, hopefully improvements can become a longer term goal, guess you need revenue, and for revenue you need people coming to the site! Hope it works out!

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yup, it's a challenging problem I've been working on solving.

DeNappa likes this.
  6. hurrican72

hurrican72 New Member

Jun 30, 2017
    #6 hurrican72, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    I am a fan of TouchArcade for several years now and a sponsor for a year now. I understand that you are in a vicious circle. You are trying to identify new funds and have limited resources. Therefore we see less and less content and functionality updates and the overall intrest in the site is probably decreasing continuously.
    For me the "watch list" is a key funtionality since it's not working properly I see myself only logging in once every 1-2 weeks vs. daily some months ago. I want to be transparent and this is not meant as putting pressure although I am sure it will be perceived as this. I will unfortunately soon cancel my PATREON donations if I do not see any improvements or concrete timelines on the watch list.
    Sorry and good luck with all you are doing. I still love TA and it's the iOS review site out there!

7. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I have to agree with the above -- I'd come daily to read articles and check my watch list, and now...I'm more likely to google a review or just go to the app store if I'm interested in something. I'm so sorry you guys got screw*d by Apple with the app. Everything I bought was because I'd read about it here.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Surely the watch list isnt the bee all and end all ?

I personally think we get sooo many freemium games is because people just arent buying AAA games, everyones waiting for a price drop from $2 to $1 on a game (i mean its cheap anyway at $2) then we're all moaning that devs turn games into freemium as they're not making enough sales.

Embarassing reading people begging for promo codes for a 99c game or waiting a month to get notified when a game drops by a dollar. Help the devs out, just buy the games

9. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    To be honest, I can’t understand TA. Why make a completely new site and eventually have 0 money for supporting it (or at least fixing bugs)? Something tells me that it was a huge mistake...