Any tips for a newbie to market a newly released game ?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by codehawk64, Feb 15, 2020.

1. codehawk64

codehawk64 Member

Feb 13, 2020
    Male
    So i am a bit stumped on my marketing game currently. I am especially not familiar with the touch arcade culture to effectively navigate the channels for optimal game visibility traction.

So the below link is my game,
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sky-piper-jet-arcade-game/id1468270045?ls=1

I also plan on creating a reddit thread for the same later on. Is there anything else i should be trying on ?

2. Naval

Naval Member

Feb 15, 2020
    Male
    Looks quite cool.

I made a game halfchess.com and am also trying to do the same - figure out distribution channels.

I have recently started writing out to various free publications (like this one) so that they can cover my game. No success story to share of, as of now :)

Also, would appreciate feedback on improving my game graphics. Did you do your game graphics on your own or were helped by an agency?

codehawk64 likes this.
  3. codehawk64

codehawk64 Member

Feb 13, 2020
    Male

I did everything on my own, except the UI and music/sfx. They are outsourced.

I just tried out your game. Really interesting concept. Snackable chess game. I generally avoid chess due to its long nature, so this is good. I think the graphics of the chess pieces can "pop" out more if you know what i mean. They sometimes feel camouflaged by the board. Plus, i notice you haven't added any video previews. I think that should be added. The game is clean otherwise. Having more well defined chess pieces with a good contrast between the pieces and board might be what you want to aim towards.