Any possibility of getting an on-sale forum?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by awp69, Nov 22, 2010.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yes, I use the main Game forum and AppShopper to find on-going sales, but it's easy to overlook things and I find that sometimes when a game goes on sale, it isn't in the thread title.

So would it be good to have a "deal" forum added? And before anyone gets started, yes, most iPod Touch games are cheap to begin with, but not everyone can afford to just go out and buy everything that comes.

Anyway, just a thought.

2. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I put my vote behind this. With lots of TA forum members we are bound to find deals that others may not be able to. And with the way the US's economy is I think this is a damn good idea.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    You can always ask the mods to update the thread title if the game is on sale (so others can know about the sale and vice versa). Also you can create a thread in general gaming section if there are quite a few games on sale.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I think this would be super sweet honestly. I'm always on the look out for reduced price games and free ones since I have been out of the iGaming loop for so long.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #5 awp69, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
    This is great if you look at every single thread and I do appreciate when a thread title is change to reflect the sale. But I've gone into threads a few days later and found that I missed a sale. That was why I thought it might be a good idea to have a deals-only forum and keep the game discussion separate.

P.S. I've even found about iPod/iPhone/iPod Touch deals on CheapAssGamer.com that I didn't know existed and I know they are far from being all-inclusive.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Also posted in the new forum, but thanks for creating one. There's a Thanksgiving deal thread in the General Game Discussion forum. Think we can move it there? Hopefully, a centralized sales forum will gain some traction.