Any Other Video Game Collectors?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Quazonk, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hey dudes/dudettes,

I just finished putting together my game collection room this weekend, and figured I'd post a #humblebrag thread to share some pics with you guys:p I collect both retro and modern video games, but my heart is with classic/vintage games. Some of the highlights of my collection include:

- Complete Nintendo 64 set with all variants (including Not For Resale set, Players Choice set, and gray cartridge variant set)

- Complete in-box Virtual Boy set (including full North American, Japanese, and unlicensed game sets, all game demos, and prototypes)

- Complete Amiibo collection

- Complete Neo Geo Pocket Color set

I was also wondering if there are any other video game collectors on TA, and if so and you're reading this, reply with pics of your collection!

Enjoy :)

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Very nice collection, Quazonk. Nicely displayed with the posters and toys. I'm not much of a collector but I used to collect: Comic Books, DVDs, CDs, Action Figures and pretty much anything related to Comic Books. My younger self is very jealous right now. :)

3. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Your collection is quite impressive! I only collect retro video games, particularly for the Super Super Nintendo and PlayStation 1 systems. I have quite an array of solid titles for each and they are in great condition. However, that's as far as my collecting goes. I have casually collected since I was 17 to now (22).

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Nah, shoulda caught me 25 years ago and I could show you my game room! Never collected toys like that, but I used to have the awesome game collection of consoles and handhelds, not to mention three pinball machines, three stand up arcade machines, video poker machine from Las Vegas, a slot machine I got from a cruise ship, pachinko machine, and was brewing beer in the closet, too, bottle tree and all! Great fondest memories, I'm telling ya! But that all changed when I had my first kid! # Turned that whole man-cave into a nursery faster than you could believe... everything went bye-bye!! It's all good now! Who knew all these years later I'd have all those games and SO much more in my pocket and on a tablet---with no physical software to lug around at all?! Right?! Ah, yes! Sometimes things have a way of working themselves out for the better if you're able to stick around long enough.........! Know what I'm sayin'? Great times!!!! #

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I have a vg collection, I really couldn't compare it to yours as I dont have any complete set of games, but I do have these:
    NES - 42 games
    Snes - 48 games
    N64 - 15 games
    Virtual Boy - 4 g.
    Og Game oy, Gameboy color clear purple - 26 g.
    2 ds lite, 3ds XL, New 3ds pokemon se - 63 games
    Wii - 32 games
    Wii u - 24 games
    Xbox 360 - 78 games
    X box one - 20 games
    Playstation - 8 games (I sold this one as a dumb kid with the 20+ games I had and had to repurchase it a couple years ago)
    Ps3 - 85 games
    PS4 - 25 games
    Psp - 76 games
    PS Vita Fat, PS Vita Slim - 28 games

Besides that I've kept my old iPad 2 and 4 on iOS 7 and my iPod Touch 4g on iOS 6 filled with games, 'any of them ones that are not available on the store now, all those devices are 64 gb.

I don't have an actual game room yet, I have an big a** empty room in my house which right now only has one piece of furniture where the current and previous (360 and PS3) consoles sit hooked to a 65 inch tv. I'll take
    A picture of that and put it here later, when I finish the room I plan to have one big piece of furniture that will house all my games and retro consoles, but I doubt it'll be as cool as yours because my wife wants it to look more like a TGI Fridays with all my games in it when it comes to decorating the place.

Sorry for the wall of text and for any broken english you may encounter and congratulations for your amazing collection.

6. asobitech

asobitech Member

Nov 2, 2016
    I've been collecting every single Castlevania game for all systems for a while now. Managed to get all the various games, but now looking at region variations. UK first, then Jap and then USA.

Also I am collecting one of every single Videogame Console (with interchangeable game media) that has had an official retail release, complete in box.
    Currently at about 170 unique consoles.
    I do not collect colour variations though as that becomes an expensive fools errand.

7. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    You own 170 unique consoles?! That's insane. Do you live in a warehouse, lol? Anyways, respect!