iPad Any news on sims 3 for the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jordancoolj, Jan 1, 2009.

1. jordancoolj

jordancoolj Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Hi, a while ago i came across numerouse sites talking about EA's future iphone releases, and i found sims 3, every website says the same thing though and i have found no new informatio on the subject, i was woundering if andyone here knows anything about the sims 3 release on the iphone as all i know is that it is gonna be releaed in 2009 which is now!
    i would appreciate any posts on the subject as i am very interested to find out more about this upcoming app.
    thanks everyone!
    Jordancoolj

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, it says on most of their games that Sims 3 is going to be released soon...

SimCity was just released a few weeks ago... I wouldn't expect Sims any time soon.

By the way, welcome to TA forums. :) It's nice to see new people

3. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I don't know. It will be very expensive regardless, and I didn't like it on the PC. Try searching first, and if other places don't know anything, nobody on here has insider information, we do have an EA rep, but he doesn't get on very often.I suggest if you want some more knowledgeable people try this. They may have more info.

4. jordancoolj

Jan 1, 2009
    I already have sim city (and i think it is brilliant) and that i why i was wondering about sims 3, i am just curious to see how the graphics and such will turn out, thats all...

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    You played the Sims 3 on your computer eh? A game that's not out? Interesting...

6. brewstermax

Well, the iPhone is powerful, but RAM will be an issue with something as complex as The Sims. I would guess that the polygon count would have to be pretty low to make up for it. Don't expect a blowaway title.

7. brewstermax

Sims 1 and 2. I was referring to the other 2, which I didn't like at all.

8. jordancoolj

Jan 1, 2009
    okay then, thanks everyone for your replies! if any new info comes across then i wil be happy to hear!

9. LinXitoW

LinXitoW Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I hated Sims 2 for the PC because of its lack of any sort of initial directions(it has literally too much variety).
    BUT i loved the Sims for the PSP, because it had a main story line(which was very creative and funny), a load of not too obvious sidequests and you still had the option of just buying stuff for your house, getting a wife, going to the loo, etc..
    So im hoping that the Iphone Version might take into that very direction.
    We'll see.

10. theAir

theAir Active Member

Oct 23, 2008
    The Sims 3 for PC is going to be released on February 20. We can probably expect it to be released for the iPhone around the same time, as long as it doesn't end up like NFS.