Any interest in the Angry Birds movie?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by HarryWarden, May 9, 2016.

1. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    It's coming just 11 days from now. I'll probably end up seeing it with my niece. It doesn't look bad for a kids animated movie. If you like and want to see Rivio sustain, a lot is riding on what was a very expensive movie.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am going to watch with the wife. Weve decided not to bring the 2-yr young one coz of how angsty the characters are based on the trailers, and how the movie may be filled with cartoon violence.

We thought it was ok to bring him, but just decided not to. I grew up watching Tom N Jerry and I think i turned out fine. LOL

3. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    #3 spader623, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    If I had kids... Eh... Maybe probably not but maybe. As is, lol no. Also, I do wonder what will happen if the movie flops. Angry birds is trying to stay relevant but it's moment has passed. If they don't find a new cow soon, the cow will stop producing any milk, of which there's already very little, and they almost certainly will die (I mean as much as I hate King, at least they had various other games and themes, rather then angry birds RPG, angry birds racing, angry birds this or that)

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am gonna watch it on my mac with christmas alone ha ha, I am really into Pixar and other movies like that so this one fits right in, keep um coming, I also loved Wreck-it Ralph.

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I'm going to take my little nieces and nephew.

6. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    This movie seems about 5 years too late. I just don't think its going to make the kind of money it could have, if it was released a few years earlier. The people I know that used to be addicted to the games have moved on to other games/interests. My grandson will probably like it though.

7. tamon76

tamon76 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Exactly!

8. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I thought the commercial was quite funny for what it is.

I hate reviewers who try to judge the story and characters... I mean it's about Angry Birds..

Anyways loved the part of commercial where the birds are diving into their watering hole only to find the Eagle having been taking huge pisses in it. The birds reactions were priceless and very funny to me. And how red bird feels indifferent because he has bigger eye brows then most birds, Hahahaha

Some funny stuff , my wife wants to see it and I don't mind taking her. You can't take a movie like this too seriously even tho all the critics seem too. I remember reading a review and they mentioned how they were turned off because majority of voice actors were guys. I mean... CMON.

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Nothing is ever too late, when your dead then it is too late.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Wow!

2009 called.

It wants its ideas back.

On another note, I trust it'll be free to get into the cinema, but an actual seat will be a $80 in-cinema, entirely optional purchase?

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Meh------ I got really no interest in seeing it. My wife, on the other hand says it looks SOOOO CUTE, and she might go see it, and TBH, I think it is kinda cute, but big deal! I personally can't be bothered to be spendin' thirteen bucks to sit with a whole audience of noisy, runny-nosed little kids to see it. I agree with earlier poster saying its a few years too late. Not much surprises me though these days, since most movies seem to always be about regurgitated old ideas and sequels, with hardly any new and exciting creativity, and that's just sad really. ;)

12. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    As much as I, being a writer, never want to see ideas or characters go out of fashion, it does seem that Angry Birds his reached its zenith and passed it. My husband was the only one who was really interested in playing it in its heyday, and I don't think he feels like seeing the movie anymore than I do. I do wish Rovio well, though.

13. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Too many blockbuster movies out this time a year to spend that time/money seeing an Angry Birds movie in theaters.

I'll certainly watch it on Blu ray and plan to pre-screen it myself before letting my 5 year old watch it.

14. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I just feel like this movie is 3 years late. I remember in 2013 reading that this movie was coming out in 2016, and I was like.....don't people think that Angry Birds mania will have mostly died off by then? Sure enough, he we are. In 2013 the release of this movie would've been pure mania, and now it's like "oh, Angry Birds came out with a movie? Yeah maybe take the kids, maybe wait for the DVD". It just seems to have missed its prime window.

15. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I do have to give it credit for the animation, which looks really well-done as opposed to the cheap look of something like the recent Ratchet and Clank movie. And yeah, the eagle lake gag in the trailer was pretty funny.

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I love premium gaming and movie-going. But when it comes to free-to-play games releasing movies, I sure wish I could offer them the same payment model when going to see their films. I'd go for free, and if I like it, maybe pay a few bucks while I'm watching it. Might pay a couple more if it ends well.

As is, don't know if we'll be able to fit it into our schedules anyway.

17. supafly129

supafly129 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    While I love the Angry Birds games, this movie in particular doesn't appear as funny or entertaining as I had hoped based on the trailer (but still curious to see). The graphics look beautiful and it looks like it has some potential, but I get the feeling that it is a long overdue attempt on Rovio's part to capitalize on the brand. If this was released several years ago, I think this would garner a much better response.

18. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    Saw a trailer for it when I watched Captain America Civil War over the weekend. No one in the theater laughed at any of the corny jokes. Don't know if that's a bad sign or not, but being its an animated movie, it will probably do halfway decent at the box office with families.

19. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Agreed, but I will still eventually pirat... I mean watch it.

20. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    #20 ackmondual, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
    My niece was an AB fan. But that seemed to drop off sharply when she got into Minecraft. Perhaps the younger nephew may be now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXVEDeVISOY

On 1 hand, releasing this when the games were hot probably would've been a popularity multiplier. OTOH, leaving it for now does seem like it could help revitalize it. After all folks were clamoring for AB2 to be premium. That's what the movie is ;) And heck, it's probably the better deal over the games!