Any finance apps can merge with MS money?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jerimiahy, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jerimiahy

jerimiahy Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    I'm so tired of wasting money. I bought Splash Money, Quick Bank, and now day bank.

Splash Money and MS Money both DL transactions. So all the transactions are the same except for the titles, payees, etc. I want to be able to import the data to MS Money and have it modify the transaction with the new names and categories so that it'll be easier to manage my finances on the go and at home.

I tried splash money for the desktop and it sucks... I can't make a financial plan like MS money and it's missing A LOT of features I love. Also the graphics are poor.

Ideas?

2. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    To be honest, I don't think there is an app that is fully compatible with your needs.
    I've been looking for one too, and hoped that someone would answer with a positive note, but alas, so many views but no answer.
    Most of the finance apps I've seen on the app store are either basic budget planners, receipt tallies, or expense accumulators. None have the sophistication of MS Money.
    I'm surprised that you tried Splash Money but still found it lacking... they've had some history in that kind of app on Palm. Anyways...
    I've so far decided to stick to Daybank for daily tracking of expenditure, and then export to excel on the desktop app for analysis. I find that its easier to input it on the go, rather than do it all at home when you're exhausted. Some data is better than no data, but then again you likely have better willpower than I do on entering data on the desktop!!!

3. jerimiahy

jerimiahy Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Not really.LOL I have never inputted anything outside initially setting up a loan and watching it do the rest.

I tried mint and it seems do well to atleast tell me how much money I have.

I wish I could take splash money (or others) and put a transaction then send it over to money by export and have money match it up keeping the category and other details. My money budget says 99% (or something) is uncategorized because all I do is download. Don't know why but when I export data from the splash money app (trial) it screws up the money account some way or another... or it matches (sometimes) if i dont change the name but looses all other details.