Antistar: Rising - contest (15 codes to win)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by tea, Oct 3, 2010.

1. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    #1 tea, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    In order to avoid a recurrence of the below, regrettable incident, where promo codes have mysteriously disappeared...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=68328&highlight=antistar

I will gallantly award promo codes to 15 early contenders (first comes, first served), who, following ELSock's example, will not only make a shining display of refined courtesy, but also let me know how they approach Antistar:

- What do you think about the icon, description and screenshots?
    - What makes you think it might be a good game?
    - What's lacking in the description, screenshots

app store link

It so happens that we're having a little sale on Antistar, so I'm afraid replying to the above questions will only save you 99 cents :rolleyes:

You are utterly welcome to reply on this thread. Entries submitted via horse-car, catapult or sheep abducting saucers will not be considered.

I wish to take this opportunity to confirm that Antistar is currently having a nice time on app store Japan, ranking #16 in role playing games. F*****g cool, innit?

All qualifying entries will receive a promo code as soon as processed.

Best
    Tea for Anime3D SFX

2. afb20

afb20 Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    i would love to have a code :p

i want to try it out thx in advance :cool:

3. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    the icon looks bland. It will be cool if it can show the main character's face and with the deer behind.

Description is too short. I don't see a storyline about the game but less any idea whether I will like the game. Maybe you can add a youtube url in your description that actually shows the gameplay.

A good game needs to have sounds that describe the environment. When you are in forest, you can hear the birds chirpping or the sound of rain drops falling when it is raining - basically to make the gamer feel he is in the right environment.

Also need to have good game controls so the gamer will not be frustrated in playing the game or he will delete it from his device and never come back to the game again.

4. mike_mike

mike_mike Member

Sep 24, 2010
    #4 mike_mike, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
    my thoughts

First i think the icon is nice, no complaints.

Second i think putting website reviews at the top hide the real info about the game.
    "We’ve been shown a glimpse of something wonderful...
    ...A cult classic in the making.

- iFanzine.com"

i think with the screenshots maybe one screen of the menu screen would be ok, to show people that there is app settings etc.

i hope this is ok

i would like to test it out and i can fill a review on itunes as well.

thanks.

5. aidan_ree

aidan_ree Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Love a code

6. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Honestly, I like the icon...but not for this game. The icon makes it look like a Gothic game, which it does not appear to be. The description is very intriguing and makes me want to play the game, but I think putting a quote at the beginning wasn't the best move, it should be at the end. The screenshots are also very intriguing and make me curious.

I love adventure games with a weird theme, and this looks like it would foot the bill very well. I like the simple yet bizarre graphics as well. The 5 star reviews help :D

What's missing is any clue about what type of game this is. The screenshots hint at an adventure game, but for all I know it could be a dual stick shooter, point and click adventure, or an RPG. It needs a little more.

oh, and I would love a code to review this very cool looking game :)

7. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    -What do you think about the icon, description and screenshots?

I like the icon, it looks kinda cool and by being so empty/shadowed it gives an element of mystery which matches the "why?" theme of the game. As far as the description I would like more info added about the controls and gameplay. The screens are cool but leave me with too little of an overall picture of what the game is like.

-What makes you think it might be a good game?

It has a unique look to it from the screenshots. I like the mystery element associated with the game. Interesting.

- What's lacking in the screenshots?

Combat or action if there is any. I would like to get more of a sense of what the gameplay is like by viewing the screenshots.

8. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Thanks for the code.

So yeah if the game is more puzzle orientated you should definitely add that in the description, right now it says "mix of adventure and arcade" but no mention of puzzle elements to the gameplay.

I'll give this game a try tomorrow and let you know what I think.

9. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium

Icon is nice, same for the screenshots except for the third. The third kind of put me off from buying it. The description is ok, but I would replace "the bad guys" with something more illustrative.

It is the other three screenshots. Look very promising.

By the end of the text, I still do not what this is about.

Hope this helps.

10. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Icon: mysterious, makes me curious
    Description: well done, makes me want to know more
    Screenshots: shows off the great 3d, but you should put five
    I like these games in general. The 3D is appealing as well as the ifanzine review
    How the gameplay works (in detail)

11. Iphoneapps

Iphoneapps Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Germany
    Icon: The problem the icon don't show me that this is a 3D game, when I look , I see a gruesome creature not a 13th years old girl . I think the icon should contain a gameplay picture :)
    Description: well done as well , structured and in detail about the gameplay and short introduction about the story
    Screenshots: very interest ,well designed

At The moment graphics are very important in a good game, here I see great 3D graphics! The description is important too, here well described so I allready now how the gameplay would be !
    The screenshots and description tell me how is gameplay,story and design !

Thanks

12. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    -- The icon is pretty nice, actually. The description could be a bit better in terms of the gameplay. How large is the world? Does she need to explore it for a purpose?

-- The ifanzine review helped a ton. I don't know that I'd really pick it up without the review, or until a bunch of people gave it 4-5 stars. Maybe put the link to the article at the top of the description and a few other quotes in there.
    -- I'd suggest you maybe add something about the changes you've made to the game since the review.

-- talk about the original music
    -- add a screenshot showing the menu options

Thanks! Looks like a neat game.

13. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    7 remaining

We had 8 qualifying entries so far. Cheers to everybody who contributed!

The 7 remaining codes are now available (unless I actually fall asleep :p) - remember to check the first post: just a few questions to answer, first comes, first served.

And... no, I would really hesitate to call this a 'puzzler' - maybe a remark I made was somehow misleading here. It's really more like an adventure game (yet definitely not a 'hidden object game').

14. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Contest open till friday :)

This contest will remain open until Friday, it's easy to participate :)

I have tried to make the app store description of Antistar a little more informative based on current feedback... let me know what you think.

Tea for Anime3D SFX

15. nessie13

nessie13 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    The Icon needs changed, I think its great but it gives off a Halloween type vibe instead of a fantasy type vibe. She looks like she may be a devil child with horns and wings, lol

The scenery looks nice although a little sparce in areas and the colors look a little washed out in spots ( to me anyway, backgrounds in screen shots 2 and 3). ( we girls like pretty things).

I do love the girl and the deer, she is very cute and the deer is just gorgeous.Can't wait to see what other creatures she will meet.

What this lacks is a one line to describe the game : "Enter a uniquely original fantasy world in realtime 3D". Doesn't really tell me about the game, doesn't make me want to click the MORE button. Time is money, the more exciting this line is the more people will want to read more. I pass up on a lot of games for this reason.

The screen shots could be changed too, Keep the first one, it makes me nervous but in a good way ( waitign for someone to jump out at me), maybe have a screenshot of collecting info and one of meeting an opponent? Your screenshots just make her look like a lost lonely little girl in the forrest ( my first initial reaction).

I love mystery games and would love to check it out further. I hope my two cents helps. If you do happen to award me a code ( can you give me one that will work here in the great white north? ).

Thanks a million.

Nessie