Universal Antistar 3D: Rising

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Aug 2, 2010.

1. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    I know this game has limited Audience but being the Fan I am I just need to point out it´s on $1 again. :D

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #82 undeadcow, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
    Now free, looks interesting...

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #83 syntheticvoid, Jan 1, 2011
    totally recommended!!!! GET IT NOW WHILE IT'S FREE!!!!

4. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    YES!

BTW: can anybody help me out with the shepard?
    He´s upset cause I whacked his dogs.

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I saw that and South Park popped into my head... 'red rover... come'on Sparky... red rover, red rover!!'

6. TR3S

TR3S Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Student
    Florida
    #86 TR3S, Jan 1, 2011
    Correction

I believe Cartman and Stan said "red rocket" when they did that "deed" to the dog!

source: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/152832/red-rocket

7. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    totally... sorry... I had JUST woken up. =oP

OH YEAH... GET THIS GAME WHILE IT'S FREE!!!! =oP

^^ to stay on topic...

8. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    #88 tea, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    Antistar ...

Hi there,

I just thought I would drop by to let you know what's up with the Antistar sequel,

Back since way way back, I thought we needed to consolidate our engine so we can offer you a much improved experience and release more content, more often. So the next release has been much delayed and I'm gonna have to push it a little further as we're working on a short project to try out our new stuff.

The new stuff includes real physics and non player characters that are getting a lot smarter (path-finding / AI, for the technically minded). These are things that we'll see in the Antistar update as well, but as we're looking at a major update I can't rush this, it would simply spoil it.

So please don't hate me and if you're curious / have questions just ask.

I guess I'll post a note about the new project fairly soon. Something in the horror genre, as it is.

9. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    #89 tea, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Antistar on 99c sale + info

To celebrate the first update to our new iOS shooter, Darwin's Nightmare (aka The Strain), Antistar is on sale.

Released in 2009, Antistar was my first adventure game, my first 3D game and my first solo project(!).

Antistar dev should pickup speed later this year (May/June, hopefully).
    To support our projects, you can drop by our facebook page or watch this thread.

Note: sorry if the thread title says 'free', as I cannot personally update it : )

10. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Hello!

In 2017 Apple decided to remove this game from their store and, oh surprise, we had finally started work on a big re-make / extended version.

[​IMG]

So, I want to touch base with the community here, hoping to enlist either your interest, or your support!

What was it again?

Antistar is an immersive, story-driven action/adventure game set in fantasy multiverse; unapologetically cross-genre with bits of puzzle-solving, slashing action and (more recently) platforming.

The thing is, this game was designed to reflect how a 13 year old teenager would live through a challenging adventure. To a fair extent, the story determines the mechanics (that, and a kind of simulationist approach to non-sim games).

I always wanted it to be so that, if we challenged players to beat the game in a single sitting, without one KO, perhaps a few would actually make it.

If somebody set out to combine Inside, and The Longest Journey, it might play something like it.

Is it available on phones and tablets now?

Not anymore and (for the new version) not in-store. The game runs at 30FPS on an iPhone SE 6S, or iPad Pro (not the new one). Also runs pretty good on a Samsung S8 (60FPS but with surprisingly sharp drops in places).
    We have touch controls, and we support a wide range of controllers (really).
    Also, need work but we'll make it run on the Gear VR and Oculus Go (some testing/prototyping already done).

When is it going to be available?

I don't know. The original game was released in 2010. For a solo gig, did relatively well. Today we have a game that's in my humble opinion massively better and... I feel that it might take another 3 to 6 months to get there.

There's a choking amount of content getting pushed to stores (both mobile and Steam, by now) on a daily basis, and the question I have is, how do we even avoid getting drowned into this?

Some of the things we want to improve:
    - Optionally, automated camera management (for players who don't get along with dual stick controls)
    - The battle mechanics to be a lot tighter.
    - Make the whole game prettier, and hopefully somewhat longer (currently 7 chapters)
    - Technicalities: loading times, quality of level-of-detail geometry in the distance, and so forth...
    - Some things that I won't get into because I'll end up getting blamed for un-fulfilled 'promises' : )

What's up with the production side of things

Running out of cash and expecting that it'll take another year to do what could be done in, well, 3 months.

How you can help

Lots of ways really :D
    - Give some feedback and show your interest, if any.
    - If you'd like to test/test-flight the game, please let me know (probably going to be iOS only for now).
    - If you have a computer lying around, please consider purchasing the desktop flavor on itch (https://eelstork.itch.io/re-antistar - hope I'm not breaking a rule by linking this).
    - If you'd support the final stretch of dev and the sequel, please visit this page: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/antistar-iridium-blast/coming_soon/x/8140350
    - Buzzing, purring, liking, sharing, twitting, slouching and more generally salivating in anticipation, are totally acceptable.

Thanks for reading! Stay awesome everybody.

Gwarmaxx, sebgo and raravan like this.