Universal Antistar 3D: Rising

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Aug 2, 2010.

1. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    The MS paint thing is only for 2 games, I don't really understand November's Chopin because those type of graphics are rare on the app store.

Anyway, back on topic, the graphics in this game are phenomenal in my opinion!

2. theDaniel

theDaniel Member

Sep 22, 2009
    This game is wierd. In a wonderfull way. The whole experience are appealing to both me and my daughter. It's a slow dreamy experience (but it may pick up the phase..?) and I will save the game tills I have the time to enjoy it fully. I liked it instantly but then I saw this bombshell in this thread:

"Antistar3D has been a solo project"

Respect! Support this guy!

3. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Very unique platormer.
    The way the plot is handled is interesting. You're really not given much plotline to work with but you're given little tidbits as you go along.

The controls are also interesting. They are a little flimsy and take a few minutes to get used to.

The actual gameplay seems to revolve around exploring. You also pick up objects and there do appear to be baddies. You're not given much guidance, just to keep looking around but the areas themselves are rather straightforward.

I have mixed feelings about the game. Its graphically pleasing and fun to explore. The atmosphere is set to creepy and it works well with the coloration of the game. But the controls are a little hard to work with. The guidance/instructions and storyline are a matter of opinion, if you like the non-guidance and free roaming eery mystery than this is alot of fun but if you're looking for a more conventional guided platfomer.....

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I don't want to turn this into a graphics argument, but I feel that both Fastar's and Envio-Bear's graphics give them a ton of personality. They're certainly not anything amazing, but they give the games a sort of humorous and ridiculous atmosphere. Those games are more comedic, and the rather basic graphics fit them well. Antistar's graphics seem to fit it well, too. It's a weird game from what I've read, and the graphics match perfectly. They look good, and complement the game's obscurity.

That said, I really want to give this game a shot. I thought it looked a bit stupid when I first saw it, but reading through some of the impressions, it sounds really intriguing. It's unfortunate that it's not worth the money right now, since I'd gladly get it if there was more to it, or if it was less. I think I'll wait for the added chapters.

5. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    #25 tea, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
    Reviews Wanted - $2.99

Wow. This feedback is amazing.

I would be so happy if some of the good buzz on this thread could translate into fair reviews and ratings on the app store! This is the best way to help us get started with the next installment and a sequel.

On my side, while I am a little hard headed at times, I have decided to reduce the price of Antistar to $2.99.
    I feel that the price change may succeed in attracting a wider audience while the game is visible in new releases, and this will help encouraging a budding team.
    Players on this forum who decided to take the plunge first won't be forgotten.

[​IMG]

P.S: Antistar has been realized on the first inches of a 9 kilometres long, ceramic fiber shoestring budget!

Cheers
    Tea for Anime3D SFX

6. J'Star

J'Star Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    App-forums.proboards.com
    Palm Beach Florida
    #26 J'Star, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
    //// Very nice art !

7. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #27 dyscode, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
    It always makes me reassured to invest my money well if a devs takes the time to post here and share some thoughts or visions!

even more if this vision does NOT include DOODLE, ADDICTIVE GAMEPLAY or MARBLES.
    :)

8. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Well said. Particularly about not including Doodle or Addictive Gameplay.

9. dyscode

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    thanks,
    the Marbels/Gems thing was something personal.

good to know I am not the only one feeling that way. :)

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I'm definitely tired of the casual doodle games with supposedly addictive gameplay (which means you'll probably get bored and quit after a few minutes, then go back and try again just to justify your purchase). It's nice to see something creative and original like this.

11. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Promo codes, and why I don't like posting them.

I don't like posting promo codes on the thread, because no matter how much it makes sense to let everybody know you just picked one up, some of us are bound to get used up ones.

However I have a problem with these. The past couple of days have been hectic for me, and there might be a couple in the lot that I've already sent somewhere...

Since I cannot tell, I guess this is how it should be.

N79LKATR3WM4
    WTMKPFLJEPYN
    HLAKN4MTT3WA
    KHN4XLPH4R4N
    TJWY6RNEPNML
    E4E3AM9LH44P
    LJLWHW4YJJLK

Cheers

12. cloudcastles

cloudcastles Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    I got N79LKATR3WM4, thanks! Will write a review probably within a day.

13. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Took KHN4XLPH4R4N :)
    Thank you!

14. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    oi i killed the crow :( and lost the axe

15. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I'm definitely intrigued by this... I'll probably pick it up soon and post some more impressions. I'm always a fan of weird, unique games.

16. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#36 Foursaken_Media, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
    Just bought it, and wow... I don't think I've been immersed in an iPhone game like this in a long time, if ever... it is slow paced so far, but imo that's a good thing! Its nice and relaxing, environments are unique and surreal, music is atmospheric... I'm impressed if you can't tell :)

The strangeness of the lands and the characters is just excellent, and I've only gotten to the second area... the graphical style overall, apart from some pop up here and there, is also very well done imo, with tons of personality, character and strange landscapes. There are cool places to explore (just got to a town), things to find, and people (and animals) to talk to...

Again, its a slow paced adventure game (so far at least), but if you're into exploration, story and enjoying some pretty cool and weird scenery (in a good way!), definitely get this game.

Only question that remains is how long is the game, and how many different environments are there...

P.S. How does saving work in this game???

17. dyscode

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    I am stupid!

can someone enlighten me what to do with the monster raven?
    IF I outsmart him and enter the area behind him it helps nothing.
    And I cannot seem to kill him (got the axe, bread, cheese and water)

and some annotations for the game:
    - A smoother (semi adjustable) camera would a help a lot.
    - text could be bigger and is sometimes a bit too fast
    (nice you can tap it forward, tough)
    - a conversation log would be nice.

18. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    it saves every chapter, err i killed the raven lost my axe, went back to look for a flute and now i'm dying because of rats o.o

19. morepewpew

morepewpew Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    All used :(

20. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    PHP:
    Well I bet you already read the post that gave the direct solution. In case not, a less direct hint:
    Highlitgh to see the hint or copy/paste quote section if highlight doesn't work:
    Lol I bet you are a sort of pessimist and have a talent to focus on negative points. :) But that's pretty much the main negative points I have and could add and shift them a little to:
    • Instead of bigger text for dialogs perhaps a font with a draw line a bit more fat.
    • Conversation log would be fine, but even better would be a diary with dialogs playback for a deluxe version.
    • Tap on movement arrow should not skip dialog to next sentence.
    • For the cam I'd say even adjustable (not only semi) and during the game not through an option, plus tilt cam system deactivable through an option.
    • A bit too many 3D collisions not fully clean, like feet burried in ground, but overall that don't hurt much, at least me, just noticed some.
    • As in most games with pet following it gets stuck too often, suggestion: make it teleport close to heroine above a certain distance.

Despite those points showing a lack of polishing I get captivated by the game and really enjoyed the feeling of freedom and soft guiding through hints coming from dialogs. I also enjoyed a sort of mysterious mood with many intriguing elements elements throw during the adventure by heroine comments or through dialogs with characters.

I only wish that few tricks/puzzles/perhaps story events are added in each chapter to give them a longuer and deeper play value. And if I can survive the lack of save, for the longuer chapters one or two more savepoints like chapter x part y, would be welcome. Also the game would perhaps benefit of the same care of added details of chapter 2, for example chapter 3 could have some details there and there to add more diversity to the obscure weird forest, and one or two additional events too.

The most stuning is certainly the landscape and graphical design for both its mood, for being heavily stylistic and epured, for having a weird intriguing look, for many strange way of picturing items or characters, reminds a mix of Japan graphical art approach using simple traits to picture and enlight graphical representation (like sea waves with few simple traits), with African traditional graphical art with a similar non realistic approach with perhaps a more naive approach but going to what's essential, the whole with its own style translated in 3D.

The more weird but that removes nothing to its qualities, is that a lot of the graphical choices are certainly coming from, I suppose, a lack of classical 3d classical art and technic from schools. But the style is too persistent to be a happy hazard. This makes me wonder, isn't the lack of art school and 3D technics that allowed more easilly that freddom? :eek:

Well I wonder if my post is obscure enough to look like art. :p