iPad Antimatter (Upcoming Pangea Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goblues11, Nov 27, 2008.

1. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Looks like Pangea has been working on a new app. http://pangeasoft.net/iphone/antimatter/index.html

Description from their website.

Antimatter is the ultimate arcade game for the iPhone and iPod Touch! You control a stream of antimatter particles and use it to affect the Cosmic Strings while collecting powerups and bonus points. This game is so unique that it is hard to describe, but the graphics are stunning, and the gameplay is very addictive.

Fans of our award winning game Enigmo will love Antimatter. It is another physics based game, but unlike Enigmo which was purly a puzzle game, Antimatter is a twitch arcade game with some puzzle elments in it. It is entirely original and unique, and it was designed from ground up for the iPhone OS platform.

Incredible graphics, audio, and gameplay make Antimatter one of the must-have apps for your iPhone!

Looks interesting. Here are some screens.

Attached Files:

2. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Another soon-to-be-$.99-app? I like...

3. goblues11

Oct 12, 2008
    Yeah just like Pangea does with all their apps. Start at $3.99/$4.99 and after 2 weeks it is $0.99

4. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    Well if it is like all the other pangea apps, I would expect it to be very polished. I'm just wondering if there are levels that I can have saved like Enigmo, or if this is going to require a chunk of time every time I play like bugdom. I'm hoping it is more like Enigmo - I rarely have time these days to spend 30 minutes at a clip playing anything - and then if I don't complete it, I rarely care enough to want to start all over again and again...

5. goblues11

Oct 12, 2008
    #5 goblues11, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
    Well I assume it will be like Enigmo. After everybody complained about Bugdom they fixed it. I don't think they want to go through that again

6. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    They didn't really fix it. They added a few additional save places, but I still need to spend quite a bit of time before reaching one. Why can't they implement a system like the one that exists in 1112? I have 6 save spots that I can use at anytime and at any place in the game. So I can go back to an earlier save place if I want to try something different, or save my progress exactly where I am before choosing an option that could change the game. That's the best save implementation that I have seen in any ganme.

7. goblues11

Oct 12, 2008
    Yeah they could learn something from 1112

8. CosmoMan

CosmoMan Active Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Antimatter pricing

I asked Pangea about the price, and they tell me the price will be just 99 cents, and they're just waiting for Apple to approve the app so it should be out soon!

/Nik

9. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Looks awesome :D

10. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I loved Enigmo, so this should be another great one from Pangea. Other titles from them (cough, Billy Frontier, cough) were pitiful quality. But this one looks to be really good. Hope it shows up soon.

11. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I'll likely give it a try as I loved Enigmo, but I really can't understand at this time what this game is about! :)

12. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    I never though Pangea would stop using ancient textures and games that felt that they came out in the 1990's. I am very impressed by the pictures and I look forward to seeing more.

13. Porsupah

Porsupah Well-Known Member

Looks like a title I'd happily drop a few €£$ on, let alone so few - the more genuinely novel titles around, the better. (Maybe the App Store needs another rule or two, barring "three or four of a kind" puzzles, and any title beginning with "i")

14. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    Well, I released (what I believe to be) a "genuinely novel three or four of a kind" game, so I don't think absurdly generic restrictions are the way to go. I do agree with the "i" thing though ;)

Other than backgrounds from Hubble that description and screenshots reveal little about this new Pangea game, but as a dev who's already released "a twitch arcade game with some puzzle elments in it", I predict blogs/reviewers will label it a "casual puzzle" game then complain it's too fast and hurts their fingers :p

15. brewstermax

Well, I disagree with the "i" thing. the lowercase letter "i" is synonymous with an apple product, thus making any original ixxxx names perfectly fine. Unless Apple copyrights the name, it should be fine. Pinch n Pop looks ok, I haven't purchased it yet, but likely will after Christmas, as I will spend any money on apps. No restrictions on 3 or 4 of a kind. A truly great app by a member at iChromo, named Kirill, has come up with a great app, that is a lot better than other apps in the genre. Can't wait for it. I beta tested and I can tell you that it may redefine a segment of the industry. The great graphics and different modes make it a one of a kind, 3-8 of a kind game. Can't wait for the release next week. We have a post about it on here. Just search for Quadrum:Colors and it should show up.

Banning more of the same prevents creation of one of a kind - Original quote by yours truly :D

16. brewstermax

Me either, but if I understood it, it would probably be really good. :)

17. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
  18. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Looks like its pretty fun, better than most of their others...

19. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    It's a lot of fun. I would download it now before the price goes up (and then down, and then up, and so on....)