Another thing I am trying to understand being jew to idevices

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Stirolak26, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    #1 Stirolak26, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    Is why do ppl or "hardcore" gamers constantly rag on the iPhone or iPad of being full of mini games or non games or stupid kino games or flash games and they never comment on the handful of real console like ports or portable quality games available that rent ports or incredibly casual and short that also cost little when compared to anything else out there including pan network and steam? I mean gta Chinatown wars is a real game and not a stripped down game like resident evil 4 by cap com, yet it is also incredibly cheap when compared to its offering on. Psp and ds. Why do idevice games cost so little when the psp also has a network yet they never made a cheap priced version for it there ( in fact most umd and pan network games are similar priced). It is just so incredibly how many good games u can get so cheap on the ipad or iPhone. I mean u can get gomi, sooiz, pizza boy, sonic 4, settlers, rayman 2 (which is also a port of a real game in its entirety unlike re 4 or other cap com offerings), banzai rabbit, bounce on, crystal war, angry birds, dark void zero all for the price of one pr two psp or ds games. How do ppl even play ds or psp games anymore? Or not evaluate their previous gaming expenditures since discovering the app store. It revolutionized my gaming that's for sure.

And this brings me to the second point. Capcom doesn't have to bring stripped down console games to it but I believe only choose to. It's not because of the limitations but apples pricing restrictions we haven't seen a real re4 on it. Do u guys think apple should allow some exceptions to the low prices to get devs like capcom to make real games? Soo I believe the stiff competition and prices are good and bad points of the app store, but ccom should think like blizzard does. Despite the fact there have been 20 diablo clones since 2 came out and about 15 star craft clones since it came out they still spent the time, resources, etc. To make the sequels and they sold like butter due to quality not innovation. So price not competition I believe is why tar. Ig devs haven't gone full throttle. But now the question comes is it apples fault or user base's?

2. Stirolak26

Stirolak26 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    #2 Stirolak26, Oct 12, 2010
    And I meant to put new not Jew in title but I'm so excited and typing too fast on an iPad to have missed it. But I just wanted to point out despite the fact most idevice games are casual and mini games like wii compilations or worst doesn't mean if u look hard enough u won't find about 10 or so real games in there for cheap too. And not even all the RPGs on there are over within hours or short like someone mentioned chaos rings. Look at the arvale games. If u look hard enough u can use the iPad as ur main gaming system, if u just say got one now like em and are discovering all these games. And some genres like 4x warpgate and galaxy on fire and soon ascendency don't have any portable offerings till now. How can real gamers not find anything worthwhile pn advices? Most are just super narcisstic, over critical and biased IMO. Heck they hate apple so much they stopped giving wii casual flak due to the ipad and iPhone being the new punching bag for their conversations now when the wii has more or just as much percentage of casual gaming compared to hardcore in it's collection as the iPad.

3. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
  4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    "being jew to idevices"

What's your problem?Oo

5. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
  6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #6 Vovin, Oct 12, 2010

Haven't you read the text?

But o.k., I'll explain:

Halacha, or Halakhah — is the collective body of Jewish religious law, including biblical law and later talmudic and rabbinic law, as well as customs and traditions.
    Halakha guides not only religious practices and beliefs, but numerous aspects of day-to-day life. Halakha is often translated as "Jewish Law", although a more literal translation might be "the path" or "the way of walking". The word is derived from the Hebrew root that means to go or to walk.

The Halakha is a comprehensive guide to all aspects of human life, both corporeal and spiritual. Its laws, guidelines, and opinions cover a vast range of situations and principles, in the attempt to realize what is implied by the central Biblical commandment to "be holy as I your God am holy". They cover what are better ways for a Jew to live, when commandments conflict how one may choose correctly, what is implicit and understood but not stated explicitly in the Bible, and what has been deduced by implication though not visible on the surface.

Now to the main problem:

the generic Hebrew word for any kind of sin is aveira ("transgression"). Based on the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) Judaism describes three levels of sin:

Pesha — an "intentional sin"; an action committed in deliberate defiance of God
    Avon — a "sin of lust or uncontrollable emotion". It is a sin done knowingly, but not done to defy God
    Chet — an "unintentional sin"

So, playing games on iDevices is an "Avon", a matter of uncontrollable emotion while playing. Games are known to cause different emotions while played. The Avon forbids to have such uncontrollable emotions.
    In the end: being jew to iDevices means to accept a sin done knowingly while gaming.

:rolleyes:

7. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    From now on when my wife criticizes me for spending too much time with iPod touch, I will tell her that as a Jew I am committing an Avon and can not help it. See what happens. But I agree with the OP. There are plenty of immersive games on idevice that had me completely hooked.
    I urge someone, however to change the title of the thread before it deteriorates into theological or (g-d forbid) political discussion of Middle East conflict.

8. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    lol...unfortunate typo is unfortunate.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    What does "Jew" have to do with it o_O?

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #11 Vovin, Oct 12, 2010

I already explained it... :rolleyes:

Well, I guess we have a fantasic chance in this thread to divide people who are actually READING a thread from those, who DON'T.

12. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Best typo ever. Gratz for that.

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #13 GodSon, Oct 12, 2010
    I read the thread(as I always do). Regardless the OP's choice of words really says a lot about them and its also irrelevant(like your over analytical reasoning). The OP practically answered there own question(s). Also I'm pretty sure "Jew" was meant as Greed or lack there of (full console quality games that are watered down and not worth the price or plain out milking the consumer) as far as overall content for the suggested price of certain games from certain developers.

I personally am content with the games available in the App Store as well as the prices there sold at. Games are only getting better are they not? Sure we all strive for better and only want the best but I also think that using a stereotypical term that was formed from ignorance is irrelevant to the OP's post.

No hard feelings Vovin but thats how I see it. ;)

EDIT: For the record, I'm not Jewish(but I do study Theology).

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #14 Vovin, Oct 12, 2010

Yes, no hard feelings - because I was only kidding the whole time.

To make it clear - once and for all - it was just a typo! :)

He wrote:

Another thing I am trying to understand being jew to idevices

instead of

Another thing I am trying to understand being new to idevices

Nothing more, nothing less... :D

He quoted himself in the second post:

You might have missed it. ;)

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I respect your being understanding...I was trying to sum it up as well. I read his/her 2nd post clearly on my 1st read through and noticed both it and the OP was edited (he/she could have fixed the typo quicker than editing/adding reasoning to a 2nd post). You sure you read it initially? Your 1st post suggests different... :p