Universal ANOTHER EDEN (by WFS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 28, 2019.

1. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Member

Jan 24, 2019
    Female
    I actually went into this one just a bit skeptical and ended up loving it. I've put several hours in so far, and I've found myself invested in the story and wanting to play through to the end. There are MT's, but they're very unobtrusive, and entirely optional. You earn the currency for the extra characters just by playing through the game and finishing quests, which I absolutely love.

2. NyxTowa

NyxTowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 13, 2018
    Female
    Norway
    Did you even read Jared's post

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Any one else having problems download the latest patch?
    For the past couple of days when I start the game it downloads a patch but only gets to 99.99% and then tells me to get a stable internet connection, but here is nothing wrong with my wifi.
    I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and the problem remains.

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Been having this issue as well. It's disappointing, since this game really is a gem. One of the better written RPG's I've come across in a while.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I just tried it and it gave me an error code after the download finished, but then it restarted and worked. Maybe give it another try? They were probably having server issues...

6. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Well after many remove and reinstalls and rebooting of the iPad I finally was able to fully install the game.
    However now I have lost all my save data and it only allows me to start a new game (other online games I have played just keep that data on the server and if you reinstall the game it automatically loads that data).

I filled in the request form and what a joke that was; What was the last character you were using? What is your purchase order number (it’s a free game stupid), how many stones did you have? What was your story progress? What is your grandfathers hat size? :mad:

We will see if I get my saved data back. If not there is no way I will start all over (been playing for a couple of months).
    A shame as it was actually a really good game, but if you can lose your progress that easily it isn’t worth it.

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't play this anymore since the gacha was terrible to me multiple times and I moved on to Evertale which has offline play / one of the best RPG battle mechanics I've seen in a while.

I did have the same issue as you guys with the 99% download but I found someone on reddit who had a solution. They said at the main screen there should be some option button in the corner and one choice is to redownload the game data (or something similar). After I did that, the game worked again. I'm surprised it was actually really hard to find a solution for this since it seems only a handful of people had this problem. Most people didn't have the issue :\

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I had tried your solution above but in my case it did not work.
    Though happily I can report that support got back to me and I was able to restore my data with their help.
    I am quite enjoying the game so far though I haven’t had a problem yet with the gacha system. Online requirement is not a big problem for me as I play mainly at home on the big iPad Pro.

And I am also playing Evertale and as you said the combat is very good.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Great to hear. I had two accounts on two of my old phones both with this problem and it fixed both of them. And it worked on reddit for everyone that had the issue so I'm actually extremely surprised it didn't work.

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I actually downloaded this recently because numerous people told me you can easily compete the story in it with just the characters you get for free. That the gotcha was more for people that really get into all that gotta have them mentality.

Are you saying you think the gatcha and F2P IAPs are necessary for the game?

TBH, with what I’ve played so far I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how there isn’t the normal freemium gameplay loop with all the garbage to push you into spending.

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    100% unnecessary. The hero collecting mechanic in this game is for folks who just want to have every single character. I havent come across a bad character so just go with who ever and enjoy it :)

For folks determined to play the hero collector in this game but also determined to not pay a dime, 1, you get iap currency daily in your mail box 2, you get iap currency for quest turn ins (every single quest) 3, you get iap currency for achievements. The mailbox allowance alone gets you a new character every 5 days. If your actually playing the game and all its side quests you will be collecting heroes much much faster than that too.

-----

Oh and off topic. For folks complaining about there not being a premium offline playable price tag, the reasoning for this online ftp model is obvious. For every one of you who would actually pay for such a game there are 10 folks who would just steal it. Honestly, developers on mobile right now are in a no-win situation. Fremium? Piss off half this forum. Premium with online requirement? Piss off 2/3rds. Premium? Piss off those folks who spaz and require 6 months of consideration over a 2.99 game before complaining that the game never is on sale.

Honestly, this grave is of our (a lot of us anyways) own making.

12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks. So far this seems less grindy than Evertale TBH. Only thing that I don’t like is that 3 GB file size!

Taeles likes this.
  13. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    I would come back but I lost all my progress :(

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Reach out to the devs, they’ve been pretty good about restoring accts. Stubby about 6 comments up was successful in that :)

15. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

After trying over and over again to update the game, and reinstalling multiple times, I finally got the game to fully install and update. Luckily I had connected my Facebook account previously, so restoring my save data was as easy as reconnecting it.

16. Darkfyra

Jan 14, 2017
    I don’t know how to do that and if I go to the support page,it’s in japanese.Checked and found the page but I don’t remember anything,been a while.

17. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    does this require an internet connection to play

18. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Yes, unfortunately

L.Lawliet likes this.
  19. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    There is an option to change to English.
    I didn’t remember a lot of what the questions were asking as well.
    Just fill in every question asked with whatever you can think of. (example-asked for purchase order number, I just added 00000000)
    I think so long as they have your user ID (which is filled in automatically) they can find your data.

20. Darkfyra

Jan 14, 2017
    I filled in and now waiting for the message,redoing the game from scratch until then.