Universal Anomaly 2 (by 11 bit studios s.a.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 30, 2013.

1. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Jeeeeez, maybe.

2. hazardmc

hazardmc New Member

Nov 3, 2013
    There is a developer forum http://forum.11bitstudios.com/ where you can address all the issues you have. I hope that devs will try to solve most of them in next updates.

3. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    My bad, I wasn't being disrespectful. Vovin, I misread your post perhaps.

4. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I honestly think this is a great game, the minor framerafe issues don't bother me at all, however I'm getting incessant crashes at mission 5 of the campaign and multiplayer has never worked once for me (always says "no players found"). Running on a 4s. I'll stop playing till an update hopefully smooths things out.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Hehe, no prob, dunno if you meant your first post ironic or serious.

In the end, my point is that it doesn't matter if an app is priced at $1, $5 or $10. Can't care less about the price. The dev sets the price and I won't ever complain about that. But I care about the app's quality.
    For me, it makes no difference if it's $1 or $10. I just demand an app which meets the usual quality standards. This includes a good translation, if the dev decided to put it in his app. It's not like I said "hey, just $5 - ok, you can screw up this or that". :D
    No matter what the price is, I just want a finished product with some care for the details.

6. 11bitstudios

11bitstudios Well-Known Member

New Anomaly 2 build incoming!

Today, we will be releasing our newest build. You guys mentioned that you are having problems with running our game on iOS7. Fear not men, the update is here! We have upgraded game's performance and memory usage. The game should be flawless now for all iOS users!

Here's what one of our lead designers had to say:
    We have underestimated the fact that both iOS7 itself and apps running in the background consume a lot of device's memory. Our test gear did not have multiple apps running while doing the Anomaly 2 test run, hence the small inconvenience. We made an aggressive memory optimization and hopefully resolved the problem.

Please keep in mind that the update needs to pass the Apple approval, which usually takes 1-2 weeks time.

7. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Sounds great! I look forward to getting this once the update hits the appstore. I'd rather not experience it in the semi-laggy state it is now.

8. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Had to pick this up on my pc due to not having anything but iPod 5. Btw it's 6 bucks on steam right now. Daily Deal with like 2 days left or something

9. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    #169 brerlappin, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    First, I want to say that I really like this installment of the series....but I have a couple of nitpicks on the iPhone 5:

1. The opening movie should fill the entire screen. The large bars on the top and bottom should be eliminated if possible as it takes away from the intro's impact in setting the tone of the game

2. The font size should be enlarged. I don't need reading glasses but feel like i do after playing a while

10. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    New update fixed game stability, no more slowdowns for iOS 7 ; game runs so smooth now with all the fancy graphics and effects that it's amazing.

11. 11bitstudios

Hey,

Please note it was a first "hot" update made on the release day. The one mentioned few posts above is a huge performance improvement - and now it's waiting at Apple to be reviewed and approved. So after the second one you'll see notable performance boost.

Thanks!

12. Cool, it's out, looking forward to the performance improvements!

Edit: it was a fast micro update too all.

13. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    New update improved framerate issues especially mission 10 where there is a lot going on it crashed several times after the bit taking samples there was a big difference. With respect tho if you haven't figured out to turn off apps running I'm background by now it's your own fault and not 11 bits. Only complaint I have was it got brutally hard on that level even on casual I only made it thru with one machine. Awesome graphics tho massive improvement over the first two!

14. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Keeps crashing on level 12 anyone else get this ? Ipod 5 iOS 7.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    New update out. fixes and performance improvement.

16. 11bitstudios

Hey!

The big update went live today. Crashes? Fixed! Performance? Boosted as hell.

Run the game and kill some aliens.

Now hereby I declare that anyone who will upgrade his/her review after seeing how the game is working now, will receive free large pepperoni pizza.

Yes, you're right. I can't. But I can ask you to upgrade the review as the game now is working smashing!
    thanks,

17. 11bitstudios

Hey guys, we have received some information regarding crashes. If anybody is still having problems with the game please get in touch with us. We cannot reproduce the problem so we'd like to get as many details as possible (crash logs e.g.). Drop us an e-mail at [email protected].

18. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    This is an amazing game! Thanks 11bit, after seeing it come out in pc, i was hoping that it would also be out on idevices asap. Couldnt be happier, def one of my favorite games/series on my idevice

19. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I am not a fan of huge filesize apps and games, but it really is justified here. The price as well. Gosh I love good old premium (classic!) games designed to embrace our fun and not our wallets. This is incredible work, thanks guys! Don't be afraid to put up solid price tags in the near future.

20. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Is there an option to turn off the ability to be seen through objects?