Universal Anomaly 2 (by 11 bit studios s.a.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 30, 2013.

1. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Question regarding the game im on mission 13 where i have to blow up 3out 5 generators im with a shadow servant and 3 drone truck..

The problem is i kept circling around the generator and nothing happens?how do i activate 1 of the drone truck to destroy a generator?

Thanks in advance

2. hazardmc

hazardmc New Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Please search youtube for walkthrough videos - there are several of them for PC version.

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #143 Vovin, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, mate, I know that. An alien landed, abducted your iDevice and accidentally pressed the buy-button.
    Or the NSA is playing Trick Or Treat again.

4. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I thought Warzone Earth & Korea had cloud saves so I was kinda surprised this one didn't.

Hopefully it'll be added in an update.

5. sdiggbot

sdiggbot Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    only 7 missions in but so happy with this purchase... what a cool take on a TD game.. never played the original Anomaly games but definitely missed out by the looks of this.

I do notice some stuttering and framerate drops with my pokey iPad2 but it seems to be mainly during cinematic scenes, so no big loss there.

things sure do get frantic in the midst of firefights while trying to keep all your troops alive and maximizing effectiveness.

Would be cool to have a persistent upgrade tree in order to entice you to replay missions and shoot for higher scores and better medals

6. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    There's drop frame rate on iPad 4 too.. Especially when the video is playing

7. bored2death

bored2death Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Is anyone playing multiplayer? That mode is awesome. Just can't seem to find people online.

8. sdiggbot

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    first crash, mission 10... like 20 minutes in, just froze up and booted me out

really does run like absolute crap on ipad2 when the screen gets filled with enemies

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #149 Vovin, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    I think that this game - although the gfx are spectacular - has one of the worst German translations I've ever seen in this price category. I can't believe that such a high quality product comes around with a German translation which is that bad.
    It's like a 3 year old child speaking. Sometimes totally nonsense.

This game got 2 stars from me because of this. If you can't deliver a proper translation, don't include one. Then keep it in English. But don't use Google translate to do the job.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Jeez dude that seems a little overdramatic.

11. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    You should read some of the reviews on App Zapp, if you want to see some real drama over language.

12. sdiggbot

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    I don't know, I have played games where the English dialogue is so poorly written that I have been completely turned off by the game. Some of us don't need to read the text on the screen, dialogue and story mean nothing, just get me into the gameplay already! But, I would think MOST mature gamers do appreciate the other aspects of immersing yourself into a game's environment. Slap together a google translation of whatever language is your first, and it feels like a slap in the face from a developer. It screams "we don't actually care about you or your country's native tongue, but we'll pretend like we do by throwing in this horrible half assed translation that my 8 year old who is studying english in grade school did for me. enjoy!!!"

There is so much dialgoue and text in this game that I can certainly see why the poster might be so annoyed.

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #153 JCho133, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
    I understand that aspect entirely, but 2 stars because they dialogue is unsatisfactory and broke some of the immersion? I think at least 3 stars would have been more suitable. Unless he's been having frame rate issues, or he thinks the games too pricey, or overall doesn't like the gameplay. But I think this just goes to show how unreliable the rating system is, haha.

"Why are the buttons purple?!?! 1 Star!"

14. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

15. sdiggbot

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    Yeah, I hear you there. I tend to fixate more on the comments people leave rather than the actual ratings.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Get me.... The fluffy pillows!

17. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    For $5, what were you expecting?:rolleyes:

18. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #158 Vovin, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013

No mate. The translation was worth just 2 stars.
    Another star minus for the stupid privacy policy or data privacy statement that you have to agree to after the purchase. Apple should fix that one.

And yes. When a game, that is programmed to communicate with you treats you like a Toddler or brings up silly statements which are hard or even impossible to understand, that's a no go and ruins it.
    It's not just the graphics that make a good game. Every detail counts.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You're asking the wrong person. ;)

20. sdiggbot

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    Seriously? Viewpoints like that is why developers churn out barely tested half finished bug ridden crapola daily on the App store (not suggesting this is what Anomaly 2 is)