Universal Anomaly 2 (by 11 bit studios s.a.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 30, 2013.

1. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    You didn't overreact. I personally value your opinion, so there is no need to sugarcoat it. The game has frame rate issues, period. Developers aren't here because they want to hear that their games are perfect. They want to hear the truth from people like us, and that they shall.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Guys lets talk about the actual game on here

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This is one of the more annoying statements that show up in threads for games that accumulate some negative sentiments. You might not like it, but game performance does constitute the "actual game", as do monetization systems, artwork, localization, controls or any number of other parts that make up a game. Discussions that pertain to these subjects are no less meaningful than discussion of core gameplay ideas. Of course, a thread can get bogged down in a single line of discussion, at this point it would be better to make an appeal to discuss other parts of the game as well, such as gameplay. But make no mistake, there is more to any game than just gameplay.

As for Anomaly 2, I'm absolutely loving the game. The morphing feature is great as it not only adds more variety but also keeps you on your toes during battles because morphing at the right time can be critical to getting those gold medals. The presentation is top notch, far exceeding that of recent mobile heavyweights, owing to the game's origin as a PC/Mac game. I haven't had a chance to dip into the multiplayer yet, but I've looked at the help and there seems to be quite a bit of depth there on the tower side as well. The normal difficulty is a smidge easier than I would like, but makes the game more accessible to a large crowd, plus the two higher difficulties are unlocked from the get-go.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Is this the biggest TD game on ios? Holy cow 1.2 gig!! Totally worth it if we go price per MB.

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Thank you. ;):D

DBC

6. lr1919

lr1919 Active Member

Nov 9, 2011
    How's the multiplayer?

7. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    So... How's this run on iPods? Is everyone ignoreing us?

8. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    If you actually read the forum you'd see this has been addressed a number of times already. Nobody's ignoring you, stop complaining.

And to answer your question (again)-
    The game requires a digital compass so it's not playable on iPod touch. This was most likely done to exclude the 4G but unfortunately also elcludes the iPod touch 5G.

9. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Is there icloud sync between devices in this please? Thanks.

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    )':

I feel like my statement was misinterpreted and then used as a reason to attack

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012

I'm not a dimwit... Just FYI haha. It's just they started out talking about the framerate issues then they began talking about scapegoating and I just skimmed to last 2 or 3 and things caught my eye that seemed off topic and less about the actual framerate drops. But going back and looking at those last 2 or 3 more carefully I realize I wrongly assumed.

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Does anyone know if there are any differences in mechanics and content from the PC version of Anomaly 2, and if so, what they might be?

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Drama time?

Still on the fence about this game.
    Shall I get it for iPhone or PC? Hmmm...

14. hazardmc

hazardmc New Member

Nov 3, 2013
    I'd say iOS version is better. There's no commander in mobile version. For me this game is made for mobile devices.

It also works fine on iPhone 4s and iPad2. I didn't notice any problems with framerate drops.

15. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I bought it on pc day 1 but there was no controller support so I never bothered playing. Will probably play on the ipad instead.

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    How much size of iOS I must have to download this game?

17. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    That's good to know. Does it sync between the two devices?

18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    General Roberts look hell a lot like Stallone!!!

19. hazardmc

hazardmc New Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Not yet, but I'm quite sure they will do this soon.

20. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Oh now it downloads! If it was a memory issue why didn't it say that instead of not compatible? Still here we go!