Universal Anomaly 2 (by 11 bit studios s.a.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Anyone know how it runs on an iPad 3, running iOS 6? I want it, but I'd rather wait for a patch if its going to be stuttering all over the place

2. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Good game guys bought it even though i see isssues people are having ima fan so it wuz a instabuyfor me i know u will patch it

3. dudleywigley

dudleywigley Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Getting a tiny amount of stutter on an iPad mini but as stated before, only when panning and mainly in cutscenes. Has zero effect on how enjoyable the game is (fantastic by the way...)
    A much bigger issue is that it has crashed back to home screen three times already! Most annoyingly at the end of mission six - it didn't give me the load last checkpoint option that the previous two games did so was back to the beginning. Minor niggle for such a great game!

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Gonna download this once I get home, is the multiplayer through gamecenter?

5. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    played ih with my iPad 3 running iOS6 and it was not super fluent, but it's definitely playable... but I only played the first mission so far, so I don't know how it performs on the later missions

greetings

MJFox

6. mr_joe

mr_joe Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2012
    It's all about the A7 64bit chip, it runs smooth like melted butter baby!!!!!

7. Topbeast

Topbeast Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Ipod touch 5,pleaseeeee!

8. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Big fan of yours, loved you in that Curb episode!

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The tutorial is pretty good as it walks you through the virtual training missions before the real deal happens. Oh, and that is part of the story too. ;)

10. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Why do we need a digital compass. I really want to play this....

11. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    LOL! Now THAT was funny :D

Sapphire is right. It shouldn't be running with those type of drops on an iPad 4. The devices that most people have aren't running the A7 chips. And like Eli said, having a buttery smooth 60 fps is more important than the bells and whistles.

It's become a rule with me to scrutinize ports. It is more often than not taking a square peg and shaving it down just right to fit in the circular hole. The games built from the ground up to run on iOS are the games that I find have the least amount of these types of performance issues, generally. I find that Limbo has been the best example of the exception to this rule as of late. I guess what matters is finding the right type of game to port that will run well on iOS.

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Jeeeeez they're working on it!

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Is there some sort of campaign persistence in between missions (persistent unit upgrades, improved abilities, funny hats)? That was one of the few things I missed in the otherwise near-flawless first game.

(In online multiplayer, I love myself an even battleground as much as the next competitive wargamer. But in single player, I can't deny the appeal of that nastily clever illusion of achievement...)

14. JustKarma

JustKarma Member

Jul 10, 2013
    been playing for quite a while now, really great game, highly recommend. Not experienced any type of fps issues that others seem to talk about, runs perfect so far on ipad3 ios7 but I do close all background apps while playing and did a reboot before starting the game for the first time.

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    iPhone 4S here running iOS 6.1.1 jb and no problems with framerate :/

16. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    C'mon! Why doesn't it work on iPods ? You must be losing half your market I know I want it but can't get it! What's the reason?

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Just to be clear, the level of stuttering I experienced was not on par with the massive stuttering in the TA Plays video. It is something that I have been able to overlook when compared to everything else on offer in terms of graphical prowess. It's definitely not ideal, and if you are used to silky smooth frame rates then it will tick you off. But the game itself is great, the limited stuttering does not ruin the experience.

18. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Nor was I scapegoating you as someone who was besmirching the game, for further clarification on top of your clarification.

19. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I know, It's just that I feel like I overreacted at the minimal stuttering and ended up sounding like the TA Plays level of stuttering is a widespread problem, which it isn't. But at the same time, the game does suffer from minor framerate issues that can be distracting if you're used to a solid framerate.