Universal Anomaly 2 (by 11 bit studios s.a.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 30, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    They're working on it jeeeeeeez. It's an issue with 7.0.3

2. 11bitstudios

11bitstudios Well-Known Member

We've found that it's just insufficient memory that may cause some issues.

You just need to clean memory from apps running in the background.

Free some memory for Anomaly 2! This is it :cool:

(the update will handle memory management anyway)

@sapphire_neo - you just need to kill some apps running in the background, sir! Too many of'em!

3. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Oh you've got to be frigging kidding me... Digital compass... Really???

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #84 sapphire_neo, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    I'm on iOS 6... JEEEEEZ

@11bitstudios: all apps killed, then rebooted, then only app running Anomaly 2 but still ridiculous amounts of frameskip. It's more noticeable in panning cutscenes but evident in gameplay too.

5. 11bitstudios

ummmm... I'm not sure I understand...?

6. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    As I have said I haven't download it yet but I know from Anomaly 1 that had great graphics and I believe that this would have too. It even supported the high resolution of new ipad (3). And judging from games's file size, I believe that it has fantastic graphics (not the main factor to pick up a game though).

So, these 7 screenshots (maybe spoilers) that I found in this site and it's from ios / android aren't good for you?

http://www.gamedynamo.com/game/show/0/3601/main/en/iphone_ipad_android/anomaly_2

If not, then maybe you have a serious eye problem.. Except that these screenshots are actually from the pc version. Can anyone confirm?

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Generally framerate seems to be hovering around 30fps, when camera is panned either by dragging the level or during cutscenes there's noticeable stuttering. The game is still very much playable and I commend your ambition in trying to port the PC/Mac game almost identically to iOS but maybe you overshot on the iPad a little.

8. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I always reboot my iPad before playing any games, and Anomaly 2 is still really jerky. It is particularly noticeable during the in-game story sections where the camera pans across the screen.

You just have to look at the TA video below starting around the 01:15 mark to see how jerky it plays.

9. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Are guys gonna add compatability to iPod Touch 5 in the future?

10. 11bitstudios

this:
    relates to this:
    Sapphire - You need to kill the background apps and it should be fine. You need to know that demanding graphics require memory.

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #91 sapphire_neo, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    Oh, well as I said before, I killed all apps and then even rebooted to release any memory being used by stuck processes but even then stuttering was visible. Also, just to be clear, the stuttering I'm facing is nowhere near as bad as what is shown in the TA Plays video, but it's still there. I guess on iOS7 you're facing a worse memory crunch.

As for the "digital compass", that user is complaining about iPods being excluded from compatibility by adding digital compass to the app requirement.

12. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013
    Why need a Digital Compass!? :(

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wait... did you just say 30fps is "stuttering?"

This generation... o_O

14. 11bitstudios

Oh, sorry Sapphire! I missed that post. I thought you were like having big issues but you say it works fine and it's very much playable. So that was the point to squeeze PC-quality out of powerful iOS machines and keep things fluent. (and it runs in much higher resolution than average PC!)
    thx

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Not 30fps, I clearly pointed out what caused stuttering. I just stated the 30fps for reference. Also, I've been playing games since the late 80s... =/

Yes, I'm further into the game and the stuttering is something I can get used to, it's just that I expect games on an iPad 4 to run butter smooth. But you're right, just the scale and ambition of the port makes the less than stellar framerate palatable. I'm really enjoying the game so far and it is an absolute steal at $4.99! Thanks for trying to deliver a full PC-class experience on mobile devices :)

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I know that the answer is probably no (bc that was the case with the past 2, bc after all they are ports), but is there any chance for content updates? Maybe just multiplayer maps or something?

17. 11bitstudios

Actually there have been content updates to AWE.

And I hope to be overloaded with such feedback that would mean to us "guys! we're working on a new MP map now!" :)

18. vii-Lucky

Jul 28, 2013

Answer me!

Are you gonna add compatability to iPod touch 5 in the Future!?

19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Wait, there was for the iOS port..?

20. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Will iCloud be added?