Universal Anomaly 2 (by 11 bit studios s.a.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 30, 2013.

1. sean1997

sean1997 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I have an iPhone 5 running 7.03 and the game looks and runs amazing, I don't see the problem with framerates

2. Topbeast

Topbeast Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Yeah,WHY ?

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Lucky you, it runs like crap on an iPad. I think the devs have gone a bit too far with the graphics on this one. It looks great but the constant stuttering framerate is very dissappointing. (iPad 3, iOS 7) It's all very well boasting console quality graphics, but what's the point if supported devices are incapable of running the game smoothly? And judging by TA's First Look video running on an iPad 4, it isn't just me.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Memory I think

5. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Still installing in my iPod.

Hoping it might work :(

6. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Is the story all new or a continuation?

7. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Wow, ok...

Anomaly newbie here. I'm also not a huge TD guy. However, this looks absolutely amazing. Would anyone mind offering up a slight overview of the gameplay? I am very enticed by this, but I'd like to know a little more about it.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im sure you are familiar with how traditional "pathed" Tower Defense games work.

Well, Anomaly titles turn the premise around.

You control the "invaders", you choose the path at which you take your units, and each one of them has their own behavior in attacking or defendng or whatever utility a certain unit offers.

As the player, you get to map paths for your units, and you can influence the game by commanding the units to transform (transform is a new feature in Anomaly 2) into mechs with more unique mechanics, and you can also use utility gadgets tat affect the playing field like repairs, fog, direct damage, etc.

The game has a good story going on as you play further, and the polish in the game is top notch.

Each one of the 3 Anomaly titles out now are highly, highly recommended.

9. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I was thinking the same thing as SumoSplash. EP, thx for the insight. One more question. With this one being a continuation, is there a tutorial for newbies or is this more for the vets?

10. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Thanks for the response EP as always, and of course a giant man-hug to Sanuku for the ridiculous amount of gameplay video he posts around here. I find myself taking this 'feature' for granted whenever I stumble across a thread with no video footage. I'm like, "Where is Sanuku? Where is Sanuku?" :eek: This place wouldn't be half what it is without the insight those videos provide. My hat goes off.

Ok, so it's a reversal of the tower defense, where you are coming into territories that are defended by the enemy. Gotcha.

I just watched all of the video. I am especially intrigued by the ability to morph from the tank into the mech suit. I was a little confused by how the game went from intro (where you already had the ability to morph) into the Virtual Reality training session where it then taught you about the morphing. It almost seems like it should have been the other way around.

I like the 'serious' presentation. Many TD games seem to have such cartoony themes.

11. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Meh pretty average graphics, can't even compare to infinity blade.

12. 11bitstudios

11bitstudios Well-Known Member

We've optmized it really well, but in the meantime there was an iOS update while the game was already in the review process. So here's the thing:

the game works great but from time to time the framerate drops down (iOS 7.03) so we're already investigating ---> creating an update to 7.03 so no worries, it all will be fine.

On 7.02 it works all good.

13. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Runs perfect on my phone on 7.0.3. Don't know what frame rate drops you guys are talking about.

14. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Love the intro. Mechs OMG. Yeah framerate issues iPad 3 IOS 7.03. Great devs these guys. Fear not patch will be here soon.

15. 11bitstudios

11bitstudios Well-Known Member

So far we've found the issue only on iPad 3 and iPad 4. Anyway, investigating right now!

16. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the explanation. I loved the first game, so I think I will wait until you guys get this one running smoothly before jumping in properly.

17. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Same thing! I loved the first one. I will wait for an update for ipad 4. Please ignore the other guy that says that the graphics are average and Infinity Blade has better. They are completely different games. Is like comparing "Legend of Zelda" with "Call of Duty". The graphics on this one are great! :)

18. awakagar

awakagar Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Confirm it doesnt support iCloud. And, the graphic is not good.

19. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    You must be joking.

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Below par performance on iPad 4 is inexcusable.