Universal Anomaly 2 (by 11 bit studios s.a.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Tottering on the fence after the update. Does anyone (say, the developers themselves ;) ) know if there are any differences in mechanics and content from the PC version of Anomaly 2, and if so, what they might be?

2. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Anyone know exactly what was fixed in the latest update?

3. 11bitstudios

11bitstudios Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

We've released another update for all iOS users. With this patch we have optimized memory management to stop Anomaly 2 crashes on iOS7. Your feedback and opinions are really important for our team and we just want to let you guys know that we work very hard to make our game playable for everybody. Send us your feedback at [email protected].

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/anomaly-2/id675066184?mt=8

Cheers!

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Heya, devs. Any thoughts on this:

5. 11bitstudios

11bitstudios Well-Known Member

Hello,

The content is the same as in PC version. We've re-balanced the game and made some changes here and there to make the game working as a touch-screen game.

And googled "tottering on the fence" but google only gave some Bible quotes. So what idiom is that? :)

cheers!

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I think he meant "teetering on the fence" which means the same as "on the fence" which means you can't decide which "side of the fence" to go on, either doing something or not doing something

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Aha, so the little commander is present in the iOS version of Anomaly 2? (Always missed him in Anomaly: Warzone Earth, and had no doubt he would be entirely viable to control comfortably even on an iPhone screen.)

Well, with our without comm dude, I think it is time to bite!

It's an alternate version of the classic idiom, just like JCho133 postulates. (Really, any expression that includes general on fence-beingness is usually considered an alternate phrasing of that same saying :) ) I'm surprised it didn't produce any hits on Google. But yer right, mostly Bible quotes.

8. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    The most important thing is if you are in fact teetering on a fence, just make sure you don't slip and fall on one of the points.

9. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    This game is jaw-dropping sweet on my '13 Nexus 7, I would buy it for my iPad 3 but I really doubt it is the same game. No way does the iPad 3 have the muscle to push this game at native res without paying dearly somehow.

I wonder if the Dev could comment on this? ;)

10. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    I'm very.
    Very confused.
    Just in stalled the game sitting at only 1.1 gigs in my memory .
    Woke up and now I have 1.6 gigs free.
    What is up with this game?

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Cheaped out and bought this during the drop (something I might very well feel guilty over once I actually play ;) ). Feel free to add me for multiplayer (if the game indeed allows for friend matches).

It frees up space on our drives? BEST GAME EVER!

Usually, when space magically appears, one of my guesses would be that the new auto-update system för apps might have kicked in overnight, and that one or several apps might have received updates that decrease their file sizes (uncommon phenomenon, but it actually happens, even if rarely). There has been no such update for Anomaly 2, however. Perhaps one or several other of your apps?

Also, I think available space on your device might fluctuate for other reasons, such as caches being cleaned, iOS assigning more drive space as virtual memory, etc.

12. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

When running out of space, iOS7 will sometimes force dump cached files. I just wish you could do it manually.

13. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    This. General iOS behaviour. Usual culprit is Facebook. I solved thisby deleting my FB account. Win win ;)

Back on topic, may get this during the sale, but I have a lot of games I want to buy. May be a buy now, play later.

14. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    So are there any compromises to the graphics and effects on iPad 3?

15. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Sorry, I haven't seen it on an iPad. There is NO WAY that an iPad 3 wouldn't compromise in some way, though.

16. joydiv

joydiv Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Med Student
    Lisbon
    Oh absolutely! There's a reason for the dev's silence regarding this particular question. This game looks absolutely awful on the ipad 3, like suprinsingly awful. Everything looks grainy, blurry and low res. I bought it recently for just 0.89€ and even then I felt the need to immediately delete it and ask apple for a refund. I actually respected 11 bit studios for their previous Anomaly games, they are fantastic and look great on my ipad, but with Anomaly 2... I probably won't ever consider buying one of their games again.

17. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Appstore reviews (being the trustworthy things they are) are complaining of crashes. Anyone know if this is an issue for the 5C?

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I can't vouch for the 5C, but an hour into the game on my 5S I have yet to experience a single crash, and the game runs beatifully (both in terms of stability, and of how friggin' good it looks).

With the 5S being one of the closest devices in terms of hardware, that might count for something. Or not at all ;)

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I had a crash on my iPad Air - and not just a crash to "desktop", the whole iPad restarted. I don't know if it ran out of memory (safari crashes to desktop now and then due to lack of memory) or overheated (it felt warmer than it has done before). But that's just once in hours of play, I wouldn't let it put you off.

20. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    It was a fairly short game. There are 14 missions. I expected a little bit more content but oh well!! Also, this game doesn't save your progress.