Annoyed at Glu Mobile

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by writingsama, Nov 5, 2010.

1. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    This is mostly my own annoyance

Glu's a great company with great products, but W T F? They don't update their old stuff. Glyder nor Glyder 2 are available for iOS 4.1 on my 2G touch. Is it available for newer devices?

Devs abandon games, yeah, but it's Glu. Also, as an investment, Apple spends a lot of time approving and rejecting apps; every few months they should really go over ones that haven't been updated and just check if they're compatible with the latest iOS.

Does anyone else have any distress over OS upgrades breaking games and relatively large developers ignoring them?

2. Arktar

Arktar Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Yeah, it's available to me on my iPhone 4.
    But Glu has pretty much made everything that isn't trademarked (Like How to train your dragon) free through many many sales. They won't update things they didn't really make much money off.

3. Amalah

Amalah Well-Known Member

They're working on fixing Glyder 1 and 2, it's just been pulled from the store while they do.

Some devs are a lot worse, both Phantoom Entertainment and Higefive have had broken games for months, but the main problem is they are ignoring their customers and have no intention of fixing it.

4. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    It's been four months ... I suppose it's safe to assume these are never coming back?

I guess "How To Train Your Dragon" will do for now. Really wanted a Pilotwings type game.

5. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Glu wrote back to me. Glyder is dead.

6. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    If the apps don't work or are buggy and have been pulled - it could be the grounds for a refund. I haven't played those games for ages. Had lots of fun with them though.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This is where you buy a Nintendo 3DS with Pilotwings ;)

8. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, I loved the Glyder games. I don't buy stuff from Glu anymore, partially because of their pulling them (as well as Beat It!) and also partially because I don't care for the IAP models they use. Not to say I would never support them in the future if they put out something that was amazing, but my default setting is "Glu games=don't care."