iPad Announcing Petri - an action-puzzle game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gillygize, Dec 29, 2008.

1. #1 gillygize, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
    Hey, my game Petri has just been released recently on the iTunes store.

The idea is simple. The screen has a bunch of colors that are swirling around. You can drag your finger to erase a color or double-tap to change the colors. You want to make the whole screen whatever color is written at the bottom. The timer keeps track of your best time for each level.

Right now, there are 99 levels. I'm hoping to expand this number in future releases.

It costs $.99.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can see it action here:

And the iTunes Store link is here: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300415437&mt=8

Anyway, check it.

2. juicy

juicy Active Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Erm... is there a color-blind mode? :p

3. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    This looks great. I would love to have a code, please.

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I'll write a review.. Code please.

5. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Did I forget to promise to write a review? I'll be happy to do that. Code, please.....

6. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    #6 Paulio, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
    dude. I got a headache from that. WIN.

7. Juicy - Yeah. I'm a little worried about the color blind audience.

I'm also worried about epileptic seizures. :D

But there is just this part of me deep down which can't turn it my eyes away from swirling colors. Hopefully, I am not the only one.

8. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Don't want a code as I'm in Canada and therefore is useless to me, but right off the bat, those colours just hurt.
    Is there a way to make them less intense or something?

9. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    #9 Carlos-Sz, Dec 29, 2008
    @ gillygize

A lite version is always welcome. There are too many games and we're in a point that's not possible to buy all those $0.99 games without spending some good money at the end of a month.

////Edited due brewstermax post below. Thanks.

10. brewstermax

The dev explicitly said that he had codes to give. That isn't breaking the rules.

11. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Trippy...
    code please!

I will write a review, but I can't promise anything other then honesty.

12. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    You're right. Sorry.

13. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    i promose i will

14. Mad Portagee

Mad Portagee Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I went ahead and downloaded it. The video looked interesting, simple pick up and play.

There are a few different "styles" of backgrounds that you color. One is pixelated, another is more smooth, etc...

There doesnt not seem to be a way to pause the game w/ out going leaving the game then relaunching it, but it loads fast, so thats nothing bad. It keeps track of your best times on each level, as of right now I don't see a level select.

Those are my only complaints, it plays well, no slowdown, and the interesting part is trying to figure out the colors to delete first. Since as the creator said, certain colors will eat others.

If you are trying to make the lvl red, blue will eat into it. So when you are deleting colors, you happen to ignore blue, before you know it your screen will be blue and you will be trying to salvage the last bit of red you have or the color that eats blue.

You can tap the screen to make a little area of different colors come up, so if you do get overrun by one color, just tap around and try to remove it.

Played about 12 levels so far, its nice quick play/pick up anytime game.

15. brewstermax

#15 brewstermax, Dec 29, 2008
    Ok. I like the game. Ok, n/m, this game is amazing. It is easily one of my favorite games. Completely addictive, but I agree that the colors are bright. You have to think, but it is a lot of luck. I have the strategy to draw around the desired color and let is spread, but some levels take much longer than others. Fantastic game.

It would be nice to have a chart of which colors eat other colors. That would help a lot. The directions are unclear, but you catch on eventually.

16. Genocidia

Genocidia Member

Dec 21, 2008
    looks good. if u have a spare code can i have one too? sure to spread my impression after i test it :)

17. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    The game looks pretty cool, but I'm afraid it'll hurt my eyes if I play it too long :p

18. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    It looked interesting so I bought it. It's pretty fun and I'm enjoying it. Good job Dev.

19. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    (LSD not included)

20. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    He ran out of codes around 11:30 this morning, so I'm guessing your not gonna get a code. Welcome to the forums though