Announcing "Mummy's Revenge" Amazing 3D Graphics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jbmoney13, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    cOre seems more upset of having the choice of what version of this type of game to play than you are that there is a game with the same type of gameplay that might cut into how many people buy your game. :)

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    cOre, do you really think Zombieville is the first game of this genre? I hope you get your arguements fruition, and no one gives your SF II clone a chance.

3. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Yeah... Him and I will eventually have to battle to the death over whose side-scroller will prevail... ;)

He seems like a good guy, plus a little competition is the driving force behind our capitalistic economy, which now forces me to make better games in the future to remain competitive, which means that you gamers get better games overall.

So really he is helping you in the long-run! :D

4. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I agree with Arta, if Jbmoney13 can make a game that I will love that much like Zombieville but with something different and bosses like he says in the update then I am more than excited like I am with the Minigore game that is inspired from Idracula but who cares if that genre fits perfect in the iphone/ipod?

Good luck to you Jbmoney13 and better donĀ“t listen people with no real arguments that try to talk for us

5. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    As I stayed correct and still cheering at the end of my post, you could even have made too. I never called to a boycott either.
    If it's so easy for you to turn a product purchase into a personal fight with someone on a forum, then I will be clearly happy that you stay away from my product, sir.

Hello Kris, you speak good and intelligent, which is better that the one I quoted above ;)

Yes, you point it right : competition.
    A reskinned game under a different company name will never be competition. Just because it's the same game mechanics, it will never be able to reach the momentum of the original success.

Just look at the appstore clones ... They never made it to the top, or no longer than 1 day. As jbMoney13 wrote, market speaks of itself. :)

I won't write anymore in this thread because as I said, I never intended to hijack it.

Cheers (in the end)

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    StickWars is a clone of Defend Your Castle and has been one of the top games for the past month.

Back on topic.. I look forward to getting this game.. I like its style.

7. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I personally love how Kris is supporting this.

I still think JB and Kris should team up....

8. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Should we make an epic battle between Spartans, mummies, and Joe Adventure? Maybe it would be interesting to see Joe Adventure as the great defender of Sparta?

Anyways, back to Mummys Revenge, will there be bosses in the initial version or does that come in version 1.5? Also, what is the anticipated submission date for version 1.5? How many weapons? I believe I read "Many more", so just curious! Thanks.

9. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    Hehehe, maybe start off by throwing each other's character as a boss in your game. :)

10. I personally love how Kris is supporting this also. :D Thanks to Kris and others for bringing sense to this whole thing. Kris is obviously well respected, and for good reason.

I can see Joe Adventure now in Spartan Gear, with his mighty sword. Nice look. That might be great for Joe Adventure 3, because Joe Adventure 2 is already in the works and the setting is completely different than "Sparta". Kris, you've got the monopoly on that one.

To answer your question in regards to the Bosses. The initial version has what i consider a Boss type figure, that is Anubis. You may see him holding the big axe in the Pics i posted. Currently he is the only "Boss" type figure, but our update will include a much more difficult boss code named "Pharaoh" well not much of a code name :D. This along with weapon additions and new level backgrounds should keep the game replay value high. This will all be done in version 1.5 which is coming out shortly after the initial release.

Just so all of you know there will be a quick update to make the size of the game smaller it is currently a little over 10MB so we will be making that smaller and increasing the difficulty. That update should be available within a week and a half.

Thanks for the question Kris, and I look forward to talking to you again.

11. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling seeing you guys talk..

No really, it's really cool how you'd work together...

12. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I was sitting in class and had a feeling that a lot of these types of games would appear after seeing the success of Sparta and Zombieville. This looks ok, pretty cool.

13. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    This looks pretty good. Sure, it's similar to zombieville, but as others have said, that's not a bad thing. Plus, the theme and graphic style are more appealing to me than are zombieville's

I eagerly await the gameplay video :)

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Do enemies come on screen in other ways than walking from offscreen? Like perhaps jump towards you from offscreen or appear in a puff of smoke or swarm of scarabs?

15. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I'll be getting this one, I just hope it has a reasonable level of polish to it.

16. #56 jbmoney13, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    Great question, currently the enemies come out from the ground and from off the screen. Yes like Zombieville, I know I know, but wait and see how they crawl out of the ground the animation is great. They don't just jump out.

However in the 1.5 update the new boss will appear in a different manner. Can't wait to show you guys the video. I love the scarab idea, your input is always appreciated. If anyone has requests for weapons in the next update this is the time.

Thanks if you have any other questions ask away.

17. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #57 c0re, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    Well, I will choose the bright side of the Force then, and make suggestions instead of critics ;)

So :

- if you recoded entirely the game, you don't have the 3D texture mipmap blur thing that forbid any zoom in or zoom out. So I find it would be great to have some sort of close zoom in when there are not so much ennemies, and a big zoom out when they are very numerous. Imagine yourself at the feet of a BIG pyramid, stil zoomin out, and discovering there were much more ennemies behind the ones you actually pllaned to shoot ... All that with that huge pyramid smoothly showing its grandeur ... Would be thrilling :)

- Will there be some kind of beam weapon ? You know like a super model AAA laser, very rare in the levels, that would blast an entire side of the screen. Kaboom ! ;)

- If you can zoom in or out, you could even add a 2nd parallel plan, like in the first Fatal Fury. Concisely, there would be an initial horizontal scrolling line, and behind this line, there would be another zoomed out horiztonal line of ennemies that could harm you. The only way to switch to this "plan" would be like shaking the iPhone, or orienting it forth (or back to return to initial plan).

Just ideas to make it more unique, though. These 3 came to my mind in less than 5 minutes, so I guess they can still be highly polishable.

18. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Looks promising. However we miss a real metal slug :(

19. Way to go c0Re, I love your idea's, you are right we are capable of zooming in and out. This is definitely a feature worth considering. It probably won't be in the 1.5 update since we are working on that already, but Joe Adventure 2 would be perfect for such a feature.

In regards to your beam gun. A new weapon in the 1.5 update will have that type of feature. For now the Grenades should satisfy your need for explosions taking out multiple enemies with one blow.

By the way thats a feature Zombieville does not have, dual weapons at the same time. In Mummy's Revenge you have your primary weapon and grenades. In the video you'll see a feature that should be thrilling using the grenades.

Also Mummy's Revenge is not the only game that I am releasing. There is a new action game with multiplayer I am working on that is original for the iPhone. Should be ready by early August. As always Touch Arcade will be the first to get a preview. :D

Thanks again for your input, I truly appreciate it.

20. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    You're welcome :)

And thank YOU for your attention and ability to receive ideas ;)