Announcing "Mummy's Revenge" Amazing 3D Graphics

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jbmoney13, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. App already Submitted on 5/22

App submitted on 5/22, waiting on our friends at Apple, its already been tested on SDK 3.0. No Problems. Usually takes 7-10 days for approval. TA will be the FIRST TO KNOW.

2. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    From the OP:

Reading ;p

3. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    My bad, mustve missed it, I saw the estmated release date...

4. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    This seems like Zombieville...im going to pick it up!

5. Thanks redsoxsrule, you won't regret it thats a promise. You are going to love the updates as well, I will be adding 4 new weapons within the next month, to keep the game interesting. :D

6. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    Kris Jones wishes you luck :)

7. Thanks, means a lot to me. :)

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Looks really good, although I wished everything looked like this:

[​IMG]

9. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Maybe it would on a Zune HD? :eek: ("*&$@%£"... throws up dinner...)
    :D

10. Thanks again for all the feedback, i'm working on the video of gameplay. It should be up within the next 24 hours. :D

11. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Looks pretty cool, nice approach to the side scrolling shooters, really like the Egyptian theme. Looking forward to the video [​IMG]

12. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    So is this game totally finished? Or do you have planned updates?

I wonder what could be done if you and Kris teamed up...

13. List of Updates

Hi Shocked,

Version 1.0 is finished and submitted to the App Store (5/22) we should have approval any day now (hopefully).

Here is a list of free updates for version 1.5 already on the way:

Free updates already on the way:
    - 4 Amazing New Weapons
    - New Boss (The Pharaoh)
    - New Level Background
    - More difficulty settings (Easy, Normal, Hard)

Sincerely,

JB
    CEO
    Apptastic Apps

14. In regards to Kris

I have much respect for what Kris has accomplished and hopefully with everyone's support I may be able to reach that same accomplishment. Kris and I have wished each other the best, and I am definitely leaving the door open for future communication. He's a stand up guy in my book. :D

15. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Goddamn, you just ripped Zombieville ...

same sprites size, same base weapons, same door mechanic to gather objects, same ennemy appearance mechanic, and globally same look & feel.

As somebody else noticed, it's just a Mummy themed Zombieville.

I'm not against a little inspiration, as I'm inspiring myself of SF2 for my fighting game, but here dude ... It's just ripping off ...

This is outstanding how the appstore created a copycat lifestyle .... Just look at Tower Defence rips off ... iMafia ... iBeer ... TumbleDrop ...

Please developpers, please ... Stop copying games. Take inspiration from them, but do not cross the thin line. Because it's discrediting you. Not the original dev, but you. And we do care about you, yes we do, especially when we can see potential in your work. Here it's the graphics, I recognize they are wonderful. So why would you destroy this singularity with a rip off ? :/
    Cloning (or even alter-skinning) makes the dev look like a success-surfer, trying to gather remaining coins on big title's glory road.

I am really sorry for this post, but I couldn't hold it longer in front of so many cases.
    But this is legitimate : How would you think critics & people react if Capcom made a clearly recognizable rip of some Squaresoft game ?
    You sell your game, so you place it into the same videogame market.

On top of that, I know the one who made Zombieville (he made it alone), he worked hard, stayed humble, and even shared his 2D engine script (not the game mechanics, only the script to display 2D sprites in 3D).
    You can't vulgarize someone else's performance like that.

But well ... I still wish you best luck, dude, and success after all.

16. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    Well I know you submitted it, 'Twas just wondering If it was completely done, but the future updates look great.

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Bitch wtf... there aren't nearly enough of these type of games. This is NOT like the Match 3 genre where it's flooded with these type of games... there's only THREE type of these games that can be called notably in any conversation, Sparta, Zombieville and this game. Hell I want original games but a fresh game is better, whether it uses never seen before mechanics (which is unheard of) or taking an existing game and doing something exra with it or polishing it to hell and back.

It's like you guys store up these arguments and wait and then unleash it against a game that doesn't really deserve it. You want to stop seeing platformers cause we got iDroids? I mean, what else is a platformer but running and jumping right?

Simple Simon mother****ers...

18. Regarding the whole copy cat issue

Thanks for the Support Arta, I didn't realize that some people would judge gameplay without seeing the game actually play.

I agree with Arta, obviously, that there are not many games in this particular genre, (unlike Tower Defense games). I respect what Zombieville did, and I respect the creator of Zombieville.

For one I have added some differences that make the game less frustrating to play, and I did not use the Unity Engine (nothing against Unity) to develop this game. The graphics are a significant change and the theme is a theme that has not been seen so far. "The Mummy" and "Indiana Jones" are popular for a reason, I am just filling a void.

Bottom line, let the market do it's thing, the app will do well if people like it. Once again I am overwhelmed by those coming to my defense. I really greatly appreciate it, you guys are like family to me already. I can see why Kris chose Touch Arcade to build support for his App.

19. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #39 c0re, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    Come on ... I'm not talking about inspiration ... Here I'm talking about ripping off a success ...

Have you even played Zombieville ? It's exactly the same look, except it's not pirate, it's ninjas. Or whatever. Everybody in this thread is saying that ...

If only the cloner would have even contacted the original dev and proposed him some collaboration, I would not even have started to think about writing this post. But here, it's only for an individual money profit.

And you didn't need to start with insults by the way.

Anyway, just look at the growing complaints in iPhone forums about cloners..
    There's a meaning behind that, don't you think ?

edit : JBMoney13, I really don't want to hijack your thread, nor trash talk, cause everybody deserves respect.
    But if you're clearly saying yourself that you are "filling a gap" concerning a theme, "filling a void", then just contact Zombieville's maker for collaboration instead. Or dig something more personal.

20. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Have you noticed that most of the popular games universally come from another and can be considered clones. First-person shooters started with the Wolfenstein and Doom series and now we have the Medal of Honors and Call of Duties that are largely the same, just reskinned and restoried to a certain extent.

If people love Zombieville, then JB is doing a service as well as this game is in the same vein. Plus, it's half the price of Zombieville. Play the game then judge it.