Announcing Frisbee® Forever with Launch Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kiloo_Jeppe, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Wonderful trailer! :) Really can't wait for May 5th. Buying it the moment it comes out. I'm gonna support you guys all the way on this. Lets make this a hit! :)

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Not realistic in the sense of real frisbee playing, but this take on it looks awesome! Can't wait for this! Insta-buy for me!

3. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

You're completely right, it's not a realistic game, but we opted quite early in production to focus more on gameplay than realism. It was too passive to sit and wait for the Frisbee to fly, adding the control scheme really helped the game along.

Actually, we just finished some extra levels for the first update. It's a really cool snow world, which I'll show some pictures from next week. Also planned, Gamecenter achievements on top of our in-game achievements.

Once again thanks guys!

4. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    #64 kevlar x, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    Really looking forward to this and I'm grateful you went universal as I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2 but can you please tell me if the game syncs game saves across devices? IMO this should have been part of the requirements when calling games universal but most universal games with a progressive single player campaign are not doing this. Obviously this is a pain in the butt if you want to play on multiple devices.

5. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Awesome Frisbee Forever made the front news here on TA!

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Nice!!!!!

7. JoeAverage

JoeAverage Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I for one am *incredibly* excited for this game. It looks fantastic, will be an instant purchase for me, and I wish the devs all the best!

Also, another vote for multiplayer, with match ups via game center. :)

Cheers and good luck,

Joe

8. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    The game is gorgeous. I'll have to pick this up if it's not too expensive.

Speaking of which, any word on pricing? Or will this be freemium?

9. Kiloo_Jeppe

All shall be revealed Thursday. In the mean time appreciate all the kind words guys, we couldn't have made it to the frontpage of TA without you all! Tomorrow at 09.00 AM ET, I'll post some screens from the new snow world that will be available in the first update so stay tuned! And maybe I'll showcase some of the different Frisbee's you can collect

10. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    #70 shyguy3, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    Freemium?!?! LOL, I doubt it. This game looks way to good to be freemium.

Anyway, this will be an intant buy for me as soon as it's out in the app store Wednesday night.

11. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Im not sure what has been announced, but a freefly mode would be awesome. Where there would be no hoops and just gems to collect to in a arena. You could either shoot for time, or just enjoy the impressive visuals and take your time.

12. Kiloo_Jeppe

It's funny you should say it. Almost all our beta testers suggested this feature, so we are actually doing some tests, as I write this, on how to get it in a future update.

All the 3d-worlds are gigantic, so there's plenty of space to fly around in!

13. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Hehe, sounds like I have the makings of a beta tester (hint, hint). Let the record show this is the first time I have suggested anything of that sort.

14. Kiloo_Jeppe

Hehe, you should like our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Kiloomobile
    - this is the best way to learn when there's new beta testing possibilities.

I promised to post some screens from the new snow world, which will be available in the first update.

Here you are, enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be back with more screens from Frisbee Forever tomorrow at the same time.

15. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I want this right now.

16. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Im going to need a video on actual gameplay to tell if I will like this. Seems like a good idea but its all about the controls in these types of games

17. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Not much of a facebook user but ill keep that in mind. The snow world looks gorgeous. I love the art style. Are the frisbee's unlockables in the game?

18. Kiloo_Jeppe

You are very right, but what you see in the trailer is in large parts actual gameplay footage. I think one of our two control schemes will fit you, we wanted to perfect both the tilt and touch steering, so that no one would feel left out.

@injuwarrior: Thanks man. Yeah, there are more than 100 Frisbees to unlock and some are actually won by completing complex bonus levels. Tomorrow, I'll showcase some of the different Frisbees you'll be able to use.

19. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I understand the trailer has actual gameplay footage, but I will need to see a video of gameplay with someone actually holding a phone and playing the game.. With touch controls for sure since tilt controls suck on the phone

20. There are touch controls for this, and they have worked very well during beta-testing.