Universal Animus - Stand Alone (By 10Birds)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Not true. You get revives as rewards from quest. Wasted all mu revives on tutorial. On my 2nd difficulty nowand have 6revives to spare.

Also you get gems as rewards that you can buy for revives

2. Brug

Brug Member

Jul 8, 2017
    #122 Brug, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Invert y-axis?

Are you able to invert the y-axis look mode? I am physically hard-wired to have the reverse y-axis movement and it makes it awkward for me to play with the default mode. Never mind, I made it through the first entry stage and found the more detailed settings.

3. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #123 ImLegend, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Stuck on Day 2- tainted shepherd 1, max out all my rank B weapons and armours, farming on Stand Accused for rank A weapon and armour without a single drop.... I think the drop rate is broken here

Any suggestion for me (level 52)? I used Einhers sword rank B

also, any wiki or website list all the bosses weakness?

Thanks in advance

4. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Holy heck, is this really true? That seems very devious, unless I misunderstand something. Is it game over unless you pay 10 pounds to continue to play if you die too much?

Even if you just keep restarting to avoid paying, you'll end up being so invested in the game you'll have no real choice other than to pay again and again if you want to finish the game.

Am I missing something, or are people really thinking this is ok in a premium game?

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No, it’s not true. The revives are cheats that allow you to get back into a fight after you die with full health (and all health potions, natch). Normally, when you die you start up in the last checkpoint — in boss fights, that’s usually just before they start. The revives are useful as you are learning to play, but they kind of defeat the point of the game later on.

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    No... the revives you earn through play and can purchase with in game gold are used to continue a fight if you die midway through it and don’t want to start the fight from scratch. You are more than welcome to hit the resume from checkpoint button which in the case of a boss fight is... about 10 feet from where you just died.

7. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Ah ok. I'm super glad that I was wrong there. Cheat revives lessen the experience anyway, so that's cool.

Glad I won't have to remove the game from my wishlist :)

8. Brug

Brug Member

Jul 8, 2017
    Cycle targets using Steelseries Nimbus

Anyone know how to cycle through available targets using the Steelseries Nimbus controller?

9. NickA

NickA Member

Dec 18, 2017
    I notice another small update but the buttons are still unreachable on a 12.9" device making the game pretty much unplayable. Do you still plan to scale them down and put them closer to the edge on large format devices? I do hope so.

10. Sniplol

Sniplol Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Day 3 is ridiculously hard. It's heavy grinding.
    Coming from Ire-blood memory and having a high level there, I know every monster weakness strength.. everything. The game design become pretty obvious and ridiculous. In day 3, to progress a bit you literally have to farm the S set and the specific weapon needed to beat the level. But it's worst.. day 3 if you want to fight Lyrius, you'd better have the night weapons from vidar. To Farm Vidar you will need a very strong and maxed night resist set. Resist set that can only be obtained by farming another level.. trust le it became boring. Day 1 is ok except the first knight at tutorial. Day 2 gave a lot of fun and satisfaction. Day 3 start the frustration. I can't imagine what it will be in later difficulties nor how it will be possible to beat DUST as it seam to be here. The biggest mistake the dev did in this game compare to IRE is that they removed the upgrade system and removed tons of compétences that were definitely needed like the resists and stagger. They need to be as upgradable as skill and not as pure luck on farming. What was so difficult to take your original game (IRE), keep the same mechanics and put it here? No, you had everything already done but you tried to create a new mechanics on IRE basis. That's wrong. IRE was already challenging enough. Bringing the same game with a changed mechanics is unbalanced. It's. It about the skill or whatever but the grinding is too hard in day 3

11. epicguynn

epicguynn Member

Nov 17, 2017
    As someone who has worked through to the end of the content, I wholeheartedly agree that Lyrius is a pain to fight, but I think he might be setup to be the endgame boss. Mot, Munin and everyone else go down quickly with some preparation, and there are some levels designed to be farmed pretty easily. Lyrius seems like he will always be tough to fight and for whatever reason his loot drops on Day 4 are wonky, forcing you to fight him a ton for his gear. All in all this is an amazing, but very challenging game.

12. drolan

drolan New Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Im not sure if you've played Dark Souls/Demon Souls but there is a reason everywhere says this game is a mobile version of that franchise. Its literally meant to be difficult and frustrating and for you to die like crazy. If you dont want to spend all your time farming gear like a mad man you'll have to bring your skills up to par. It sounds like you understand the weakness and strength system so all thats left now is to work on dodge/block timing to reduce deaths. Baiting, kiting,dodging,blocking and not over-committing are essential to survival.

I guess the mistake here is comparing it to IRE; let this game flourish as a variant of IRE as opposed to a sequel.

So basically keep the same game with the same mechanics and charge us $8 for the same experience you can get on a free game?

I dont mean to make it sound like this is easy--because it absolutely is not. But that frustration is why the player base is heavily divided in games like this; you either get tired of the mechnanics and quit (no shame) or adjust your skill set to fight through the frustration and beat it

13. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    This game is AMAZING!!
    I purchased this game on release, but never really got around to playing it until recently. I never played Dark Souls, Demon Souls anything like that on console, but this game is VERY addicting. I am not far yet, but honestly I do not find it TOOO hard. It does require skill and I like that, I know it will get harder later on though. The graphics are amazing. Thank you so much for this game, it is wonderful. :)

14. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Freaking awesome update... lots of polish and even new content. I won't spoil it but... the scene I came across in the added level was excellent. This is currently my game of the year at the moment easily. Thank you 10Birds, I really hope Animus ends up with the success & acclaim it (and you) deserves.

15. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    @10Birds

Just noticed on Day 3, Kill all Innocents 2 that when you incapacitate the boss, the button doesn't appear to activate the damage event cutscene... so you can't get extra loot from him/it/her. Not sure if that's on purpose but it happens each and every time on that level. #

16. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I heard this game is coming to android in March, is that true?

17. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    It's out now on Android!!!

18. ixurge

ixurge New Member

May 25, 2016
    Hello people.
    I'm having problems playing Animus with my MadCatz CTRLI (iOS).
    It's like i'm always pushing my stick on the right, making it unplayable.

Has anyone encountered this bug?
    Any possible solution?

Many thanks

19. tsargeant3012

tsargeant3012 Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2012
    There’s one thing that is still confusing me about this game. The in game hints talk about a “Petrified Merchant”, is this just referring to Black Market where you can buy revives/cloaks, etc?

20. Aleksander

Aleksander New Member

Mar 22, 2019
    Male
    Need help cant pass The Pursuer Boss im stage 4. How i can pass him i spend all me revives.