Universal Animus - Stand Alone (By 10Birds)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Dec 15, 2017.

1. whyohwhy

whyohwhy Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I LOVE this game. Very pleased to see you guys added backstabbing!

Imo I think the dodging need to be worked on. Maybe just give a litttle more distance when rolling?

2. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    you can earn shard to update this dodging ability to make it better. so yep the initial dodging was on purpose.

one more request to the dev: please remove the on screen button when using controller.

3. whyohwhy

whyohwhy Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Ohh that's really cool. I really hope the game does good enough for them to make some dlc or something of the sort.

4. stbassy

stbassy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 7, 2011
    What is "estus up"?

Still hoping someone can answer my previous post. What is the point of the long/fatality animation if it doesnt do damage?

5. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    “estus up” is healing.

after that “fatality” you’ll always get additional loot from the boss.

6. Pinchan

Pinchan Member

May 29, 2016
    Great game! I was hesitant due to the steep price but it was all worth it. Although I must admit I got frustrated at the first “boss”, the following battles were more engaging since I discovered my weapons of choice. Controls are okay but I wish the dodge and block buttons are a bit wider.

All in all, this shapes to be a top game in its category. All my settings are low (iPad mini 2, iP6s) and the game still plays gorgeous and smooth. Kudos to devs!!

7. Pinchan

Pinchan Member

May 29, 2016
    Quick question to devs: what does the “Atonement” skill really do? I got that on the S Bloodied Cape I purchased with the jewels. I see no other description.

8. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    You should mix your fight with dodge and guard, knowing the boss pattern is the best strategy

9. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    How to reset the save w/o reinstalling?

Wish didnt use the revive on tutorial :(

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Where or how do you purchase the cape?

11. Pinchan

Pinchan Member

May 29, 2016
    You need 2500 gems, go to the dark market and buy the 2nd to the last item.

It shows “random skill” though, so yeah.

12. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Sigh something frustrates me tremendously about this. The lack of information in game about in game stuff. For example how can i tell between two weapons which one is better? Is the elemental number of a weapon its elemental dmg that adds to normal combat dmg? And what does the stagger number represent? What IS stagger?
    What DOES recovery do effectively? The answer provided here makes no sense. What is estus up? If it is healing, it would mean that when you heal you recover more hp if your recovery skill is higher?
    In terms of enemies, how do i know if they have elemental atk or def? Just trial and error? That seems tremendously bothersome...
    Just some thought.

13. whyohwhy

whyohwhy Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Welcome to the frustratingly fun world of the ds/bloodborne type games :) they definitely do not hold your hand but many people like that about them.

Estus=heals
    Stagger=stagger like in all games. Gimp movement of some sort

14. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Which quest to grind for equipments? The quest doesnt show the stats for the possible drops :/

15. Pinchan

Pinchan Member

May 29, 2016
    Skill Descriptions

Nevermind. I found all the skill descriptions in the Skill Settings, second tab.

16. eufeion

eufeion Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    The game itself is great, however when you run out of revives that it! You need to pay 2k Gems which cost £9.99, there should not be IAP like this in a premium £7.99 game - End of!!

I’m at a level where I have 0 left an they don’t rest & I’m stuck

17. Pinchan

Pinchan Member

May 29, 2016
    Seriously, you dont need much of the revives until the most difficult bosses. You gain both gems and revives as you progress through the game.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I used a couple on the first boss, then wasted one of the third one. I’m on level 12 now and haven’t even come close to needing another one since.

19. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I remember the first time playing Dark Souls and getting continuously murdered at the beginning of the game because I would always take the route leading to the cemetery below because for the longest time I did not see the “safe” or correct route to take....damn Dark Souls to hell in the most polite way possible which is why I love these type of games but admittedly not that good at them. Definitely looking forward to getting Animus just to test how durable my iPad is. :D

20. Morien

Morien New Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Could someone please explain this to me?

I’m not willing to buy a full price game only to have to pay to play later.