Universal Animus - Stand Alone (By 10Birds)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Dec 15, 2017.

1. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    #61 mwryu, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Anything larger than an iPhone we always suggest investment into controllers. Actually, we encourage all players of Ire or Animus to use controllers. The feedback and experience is different.

https://appadvice.com/post/its-time-to-invest-in-an-mfi-controller/1209489068/1317104110

Edit 1: Edit will come. Brb. Colleague is screaming at me to come look at some assets.
    Edit 2: Please check your inbox stubbieoz.

2. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    How is the difficulty? Is it safe for a casual player or would it be too hard?

3. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    That is very difficult to say. Most people get stuck in the tutorial. Fear is what keeps them back. Move in with your shield and basically you are okay -- for the most part. Animus requires some patience between attacks. Overcommit, get punished. Dying is part of the fun. But you won't die as many times as you do in the Soulsborne series. Grinding for gear is part of the fun and important, as monsters attack with (and are susceptible against) different elemental attacks. You can keep dying. Upon death you do not lose currency. You can use that to reinforce things.

The difficulty spike is high in the tutorial. Then it is smooth sailing until you meet the infamous Dainn. If you prefer to warm up to Animus, playing Ire - Blood Memory (F2P) will help. All of the controls are the same except the third person view that Animus uses. Here is a Youtube video of the first part of the game.

Contains Introduction and Potential Spoilers

4. NickA

NickA Member

Dec 18, 2017
    #64 NickA, Dec 19, 2017
    Please concider better support for large format screens. There is a big difference between using a controller for a better experience and requiring a controller for an acceptable experience. I am not singling you guys out, for some reason Very few devs seem to scale controls/UI for larger devices. I haven’t tried it yet but the recently released Oddworld appears to have scalable movable controls which is encouraging. Hopefully more devs will start following suit and the iPad will finally start making inroads into ‘real’ handheld gaming.

Tbh lugging round a controller is probably one bit bit of paraphernalia too far, Really I don’t want to be dragging round controllers in hand luggage or even just down to the lobby. At home it’s a harder sell with access to Bloodborne or Dark Souls to scratch this sort of itch!

Just to be clear are you saying that the controls are scaled the same on all devices? If yes please (pretty please) concider scaling on large format devices.

5. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    #65 mwryu, Dec 19, 2017
    An update to address these issues (a start), will be uploaded for review tomorrow. We will do what we can with what resources we have. Controllers are not to cover larger screens. Controllers add to the experience a lot more. Thanks.

EDIT: Going to upload the adjustment in a few hours, and not tomorrow.

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Is it on every level? Been stuck at that third boss and can’t seem to find that shield.

7. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    No its not om every level, but in some boss that are to difficult

8. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Hey devs, i wanna ask you something, what its mean by recovery in proficiency? I spent my skill point on it, but my hp bar is not recovered overtime, is that a bug or something? And the boss with 2 sentinel is insanely hard, already beat the hellhound from the void and sadly I didn't get the grade C equipment, and when i beat the votive son with spent shard to consecrate it just give me more gold not drop rate # and the weapon that we get from boss are not to good at all, the damage is to low. And i think the boss in the tutorial is to hard to be the opening of the game, it will make some people give up in the first impression, first time i beat the tutorial boss, i use 1 revive and i die 20 times in a row. This game is toooo hard #

9. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Wow. This game is very good. I would say it is like monster hunter but more focused, or like infinity blade but broader in scope. The timing aspect and the graphics and theme and character evolution remind me of infinity blade, but it is so much more.
    One thing I must agree is that the first boss, on the tutorial level, is devastating. I had to use a revive after trying and dying 8 times. I was getting annoyed and frustrated, but then the second level... wow. I finally get what people say about learning attack patterns, etc. one thing I found in infinity blade is that, it is not about learning atk patterns, not like here. In infinity blade it seemed a bit more random, less predictable.
    I must say to ppl on the fence about difficulty, go through the first three or so levels before giving up, because the tutorial does not represent the initial game accurately.

10. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Story?

Is there much of a story or lore in the game at all? Or just a straightforward dungeon crawler? One thing I liked about DS series was the deep lore in each of the entry. If this game has a fraction of that I'll be happy.

11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Wish it was on the third boss level! I need help!!!!

12. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Yeah i think it will be better if there are npc on every level but summoning with gems instead with memory shards

13. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Well, read through the whole thread and was sold on the game, but holy hell the very first boss is just ridiculous. Since the special meter only seems to refill with hits on him, it seems nigh impossible to play a hit and run successfully without getting clobbered by one of his several devasting swings. Someone before said the difficulty is too severe right off the bat and I'd have to agree. I am going to try this with mfi as I'm on iphone and see if I can work out the dodge system. Virtual isn't getting it done in the least.....just wondering if maybe a more gradual difficulty would be a better lure. I won't dog on this awesome game because I want to get better but wow....lots of dying, right out the gate..wow

14. Peanut_Chew

Peanut_Chew Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Hilarious

Am I missing something? I’ve played and beaten demon souls, dark souls 1,2,3. First tutorial boss... am I supposed to drown him in sand or something? Am I missing a super attack button? Guys range is half the arena. My “devestate” bar doesn’t do jack. And each hit deals what. 2% dmg? This is hilarious. What a waste of 8 bucks

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Finally defeated the third boss. It took some grinding, but also a change of tactics — from dodges to blocks. Probably a bit of luck, too.

Have to say, it was pretty satisfying.

16. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    What boss is it? Boss with 2 sentinel?

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No — the one with the incessant knock-back and stun attacks.

18. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Ow good luck then, You will be more frustation if you meet the boss with 2 sentinel ##

19. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    i can kill them in 20 seconds. lol.

20. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Wow, are you sure? What equipment do you use? How many damage is your weapon, at least it must 10k damage lol my equipment has a 600+ damage but the boss is toooo damn hard