iPad Animals of Mass Destruction? Well, it's something to discuss...

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Chumbake, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

Animals of Mass Destruction was released today

Ummmm. I like the name, and deadly animals could be fun. But I'm not too sure about those screen shots.

Do the game controls have to take up half the screen? What's with the random grid? Is it really worth $5.99?

What do you guys think? There's nothing else new to talk about. Has anyone tried it?

2. Blueseas25

Blueseas25 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #2 Blueseas25, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
    The screen shots also put me off of this one. Waiting on reviews, but not sure I would pay $5.99 for this judging by the screens alone..

Game controls look to be similar to Crystal defenders..ick

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I think i had this on my BB and it just looks like a port... I really hate that "Flash" style animation/graphics look too.. and for $6!! i'll wait for reviews

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Has anybody seen the last/ fifth screenshot?
    It looks like you have to torture a little boy !!!

I really wonder how this one could be released and the original ZombieMangle had so much trouble

5. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    #5 K.D!, Dec 28, 2008
    Yup, thats exactly whats been putting me off. It was interresting to see what appears to be lots of cartoon blood, but the fact it just looks like a basic flash game put me off... not to mention the price for it.

EDIT: Just found this video of it on youtube (it certainly is a little violent)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J_eKBzDl6Ys

6. gigidey

gigidey Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
  7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    what's kinda sad is that the game, in a way, looks like a 2D version of Fur Fighters for Dreamcast/Playstation 2. And it looks like a pretty cool concept (as it was in Fur Fighters). The cartoon violence doesn't turn me off...but the copious amounts of unnecessary blood does. As does the idea of torturing for info. And yet, while I do know it's an obvious parody of real life events (War on Terror, Gitmo)...it's still a little distasteful. If, however, it's all tied together with good writing/social commentary (better still if not overt), it might be worth a shot.

But maybe not for $6.

8. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    In my opinion torturing doesn´t belong in videogames.

I really don´t understand Apple´s release/approval politics.

9. #9 applesauce25r624, Dec 28, 2008
    in america, sex is bad, violence is good

10. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Yeah, sex is good over here in Europe :D

11. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    This is exactly what's wrong with America ladies and gentlemen. *facepalm X5*

12. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

The rating system in both the US and the UK is somewhat flawed... Apple is telling everyone that it's okay to let little 2nd graders shoot animals, kill things, and torture other humans. While over in the UK, apparently 12-year-olds are allowed to watch nudity and sex in video games... I'm sure you all remember Mass Effect... Unfortunately, most 12-year olds are perverted and would just buy the game for that one scene. Then they wouldn't save so they could watch it again. And again. I go to a middle school where there are those little 6th graders... And gosh, do they do some weird things..

And that, ladies and gentleman, is pretty much my longest post ever.

13. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ You go to middle school? I thought you had to be 13 or older to be in TA. Ha!

14. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Middle school, my friend, is for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. 8th grade, my friend, is when you're 13 and 14.

15. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ If you were held back a year :D. I started 9th grade i.e. high school at 13. Also, middle school is only 7th and 8th grade...

16. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Not where I live... And where I live we start kindergarten at 5... Not 4. Meh.. Even with the extra year, most of the school is made up of idiots. They still think "alot" is spelled as one word, no space. I hardly try and somehow I manage a 4.000

17. romeo1

romeo1 Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    A lot of California middle schools are 6,7, & 8.

18. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Point proven. And how do you know that I live in CA?
    stalker...

19. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ Cultural differences...Let's get this thread back to its purpose. So, how about them Animals of Mass Destruction, huh? What a ridiculous name. Can't believe they let this pass through and made a big deal over Zombie Mangle. The world is doomed I tells ya, doomed!!!

20. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I agree

They accepted this into the app store and gave it a rating low enough for children to play it?? This really doesn't look like a game that kids should be playing. It's animated with animals so it's even disguised to look like a kid game.

Yet Apple won't release Zombie Mangle just because of the blood, and it's clearly a game suited for older players.

That just makes no sense to me.