Universal Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (by Nintendo Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Kinda curious how that will work when US release rolls out. IF you make a aussy Nintendo account for full benefits will you be able to switch the game to your US Nintendo account next month.

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    You are best off googling the Nintendo direct video for it. There’s a pretty extensive gameplay demo basically laying it all out for you.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeah, I fully agree. I have New Leaf on 3DS and it's the same philosophy, like F2P but without IAP to accelerate the process. From what I'm reading from all of you who are experiencing the soft launch, it seems this AC game fits phones perfectly. Has anyone tried cross-platform savegames? (i.e.: playing the same savegame in Android and iOS)

4. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    At the moment the only country you can select ingame is Australia, does this have any impact on the actual game? Will I be able to change it to my own country once the game releases? If I link the Australian game to my Nintendo account, will I be able to continue playing with the official national release next month?

5. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    You will easily be able to change your Nintendo ID back to your home country upon full release. Just have to leave it on AUS for now until then :)

Does the market only change items daily? Or is there any way to view friends markets? Seems really limiting to only have a few items a day to choose from...

(I am an AC veteran so I understand it's like the core games this way, I just thought they might advance it a bit for the mobile version!)

6. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #26 Saucepolicy, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    I guess I don't understand the question - on a basic level work the same way as other NPCs. Because this game ties rewards to friendship leveling/ fetch quests, they represent another opportunity to get crafting materials and bells. Chances are they will provide rarer crafting materials as they are essentially premium content.

I don't have enough Leaf tickets yet to purchase one of their items yet so I can't state that with certainty, it just fits their game design pattern.

Are you certain about that? I don't see an opportunity to reselect regions in the game options, though I realize you can do it from accounts.nintendo.com. My fear is that I'll be bound to the Australia game shard forever.

It's also worth noting that if you have a balance on your Nintendo ID, or on a child account (like your NNID), you cannot change the region until you drain the balance. I have 30 bucks on my Nintendo ID, so I couldn't change regions if I wanted to.

Yes, they change daily, if not more frequently. Isabelle talks about it during the tutorial. I can't recall (i don't have the game handy) but it's possible you can use leaf tickets to refresh the market like you can with other game systems. (Something I would have appreciated in New Leaf, frankly)

You can't go to other friends' markets, you can only visit their campsite. However, you can view their "market box," which works a bit like Hay Day's player commerce system.

From a freemium design standpoint, that would go against their best interests. All games like this are "content furnaces," that is, players consume content faster than game teams can make it. Almost all design choices are built around slowing down that burn rate.

7. Saucepolicy

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    I haven't tried it but because your data is stored by Nintendo via your ID and not iCloud/ Game Center, it should transition seamlessly.

8. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Can we get any further input on this? I don't mean to discredit your claim, but I'd like any input possible to know this won't mess up my account. I went ahead and did it and I'm enjoying my game, but I also use that Nintendo account for my Switch.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of during global launch, swapping my region back to US and everything saving/being good to go. HOPING.

9. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Wait, the game warned me that changing my Nintendo account's region would unlink it from my Nintendo ID(your switch/3DS account), so I didn't mess with it at all. I figured either it'll let me change my region to the US in game on global launch or I'll just start over if I decide to stick with it...which doesn't look good. I've enjoyed multiple Animal Crossing titles starting with the original, but was burned out by the time I got the 3DS game and wasted money buying it. The problem here is that after one session I feel like I've seen it all. Yeah, some familiar faces may appear from time to time or some sort of event, seasonal or otherwise, may occur to mix things up, but the core gameplay comes down to fulfilling requests for friendships, and then crafting and waiting for items to invite the friend over. The requests get harder and harder, and you have to craft more and more stuff for further friendships. Essentially, I've seen it all, now it's just upping the requirements for each step and nothing more. The gas ran out real fast here. For the casual market, however, this is going to be a major success.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is why I don't want to take the risk of tampering with Nintendo's country ID. I'm anxious to play AC phone version, but not that anxious... :p

11. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Okay so I'm playing it with no issues. Still have access to all my digital content on my Switch under the same account.

THAT BEING SAID. Please be cautious if you have ANY funds on your Nintendo account. Changing regions from US to AU WILL void those funds.

Other than that, cute game. Good time killer/zen style game.

12. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Under the "Common Questions" section, they explicitly state that you can change your country selection while linked and both the game and account will change (regardless of whether you perform this action in ACPC or in your Ninty Account). They give an example of moving from one country to another as a reason to do this.

I don't have or use any other N products at the moment so it was an easy decision, but I guess Switch and 3DS active users might have to worry about their funds or NID unlinking.

Also, inventory upgrades at 15, 18, and 20! Really quite generous!

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    anyone know about the game cheats

14. Saucepolicy

Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    If you have any funds in your account, you'll get a popup saying that you cannot change countries until your balance is 0. Alas.

15. Porsupah

Porsupah Well-Known Member

#35 Porsupah, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    I've created a Nintendo account and linked it, and the stretch goal for that is now shown as complete, but I haven't received the 100 Leaf Ticket bonus. Does it take time, or did something go wrong? (I did receive 50 as a signup bonus on the website, though. Is that the bonus mentioned, and they've simply reduced it?)

ETA: d'oh! I didn't realise you have to manually collect those stretch goal rewards. ^_^; All is well.

16. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    As expected, like 90% of Nintendo games, NOT available in PH. So not really a worldwide release?

17. SashJ

SashJ Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Available to download in Canada, but crashes before you even start the game. All that comes up is an support code [802-4809].

18. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    servers are down or something like this.

19. SashJ

SashJ Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2015
    So probably down until tomorrow when its supposed to release Im guessing?

20. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    GP Doctor
    Down. Both setting Australia as country (asi played for a month) and using my real one. I hope we can start playing in few hours...