iPad Angry Dogs : Jump - First Look - iPhone/iPod Touch Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by infuseddreams, Sep 23, 2010.

1. infuseddreams

infuseddreams Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    [​IMG]

InfusedDreams brings you “Angry Dogs: Jump”, a simple game made to allow iPhone gamers to play a game with no learning curve whatsoever, yet a game that is challenging and fresh.

Jump your way to greatness while dodging your cat nemesis’ and surviving horrible weather conditions.

Can you survive the Cat's onslaught ? Will there food cans knock you off your perch? It is your time, defeat these evil cats!

Fun for all the family!

(Infused Dreams is a team of two guys working with no budget because they love video games. We hope you guys like the game and if you do, please support us.)

Features:

- Simple yet challenging game;
    - Four different levels to play in;
    - Awesome particle effects and weather;
    - Cartoonish and stylish graphics;
    - Randomly generated levels so you never play the same thing twice;
    - Local Scoreboards (Online Scoreboards will be added later on)

Developers :

Zack (Danny Glover) - InfusedDreams (ie. me)
    Nuno (Nuno Sousa) - InfusedDreams

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Will Be Released In The App Store Soon!

2. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Highly original idea! I'm surprised no one on the App Store has ever done a game like this before! Unless I find a similar game sooner, I'll be a first-day buyer for sure!

3. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    you should name it doodle angry dogs jump

4. infuseddreams

Sep 23, 2010
    Thanks :) It has been submitted to apple so it should be out in a few days. Just depends how long the "Review" process takes now....

Am I right in saying if you set your release date correctly that it automatically will be put in to the new and noteworthy section upon release? Only released an app so far and I messed up the dates and my app sunk down the charts as a result :/

We plan on making a series of games in the Angry Dogs series, stay tuned for more :)

5. Tyvan

Tyvan Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Georgia
    It has to be new AND Noteworthy.

6. infuseddreams

Sep 23, 2010
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

7. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Where are the zombies?

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Angry dogs are freaky! :eek:

9. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Lol I take it you didnt understand doodlejumpers sarcasm :p

10. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    teh dogs dont look angry

11. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Question of the century.

12. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    This just looks like a copy and publicity stunt, First of all may i say, DEVELOPERS STOP TAKING OTHER GAMES IDEAS, This Jump and land on a piece of land concept is doing my head in now, copying Doodle Jump is not going to work anymore, there are to many clones out there. And secondly choosing the name ANGRY DOGS is for publicity, people think oh ANGRY DOGS must be like Angry Birds and download it. Then they realise OH Ive been ripped of.

13. infuseddreams

Sep 23, 2010
    #13 infuseddreams, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
    Ok I will break your post down.

First off by your reckoning just because someone makes a first person shooter, that means that no other company is allowed to make one? How many WWII shooters has there been? Omg, yes loads.

Second point.. The name. The name is nothing to do with angry birds, if people are too short sighted to download a game judging by the name only then they are obviously going to be misled. I doubt however people are that naive.

This game is a jump game yes... is it illegal to make a jump game? No.

We have another game in development that is a truly original idea and is not based on any other game.

No one is holding a gun to your head and making you buy the game, it was made for enjoyment not needless flames.

14. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    #14 doodlejumper, Sep 25, 2010
    I personally believe that the jump genre isn't complete yet. Doodle Jump is nice and great, but one thing the genre needs is a game with 8-bit graphics, combos, and powerups. That would get people interested, that's for sure. But as far as this game goes, it's just not good.

15. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    At least the birds in Angry Birds were angry. I don't see any angry dogs in this game. :confused:

16. infuseddreams

Sep 23, 2010
    That is a very shortsighted comment, do you always judge a book by it's cover? You haven't even played the game yet and your saying it's not good.

17. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    No, I don't. But let me say this. If you posted all 50 codes right here on TouchArcade, you would not find one positive comment, besides maybe new users who haven't heard of Doodle Jump yet. And those people would then be referred to Doodle Jump. You can't just reskin a game and say it's good. It needs time, creativity, and good art. Use that advice and put it to good use. I'd say get a new artist, and one with originality.

18. infuseddreams

Sep 23, 2010
    Ok, I am not going to get in a flame war about this.

I have said my piece, if people want to try and wear me down and discredit me it is fine.

Hope you like my other game better I guess. Might think twice before posting about it here however, put a lot of time into it and it's an original game but I am sure there will be something about it that people here will find something to complain about.

Thanks anyway

19. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I'd love to give you a second chance. I look forward to seeing your next game. :)

20. infuseddreams

Sep 23, 2010
    #20 infuseddreams, Sep 25, 2010
    Ok no hard feelings then. I do understand everyones points. I just wanted to make a game, it may have been a clone of sorts, but I didn't do it to get anyones backs up. I just did it because I like making games and love games in general.

I will post up info on my other game here soon. Been working on it for a while and it is nearing completion :)

Also just a little background info on myself (Just to clear up any ermm... preconceived ideas about me :p)

I am 24 years old (25 In a few months :/) and have been programming for over 6 years, I am proficient in C/C++/Lua/Html/Php and have released a ton of stuff to the PSP homebrew scene over the years (including a port of Wolf3D for the PSP, LuaPlayer Euphoria (fork of the original LuaPlayer project, and also Snes9x Euphoria (Fork of the Snes9x_Tyl project). You can find out that and my other stuff at my site (retroemu.com) or under my alias "Zack" on several sites.

Just thought I would post that so people don't think I am just some stupid young kid out to make a quick buck, I can assure you that is not the case.