Universal Angry Birds Transformers (by Rovio Entertainment Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HansKaosu, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #101 Praymettin, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    The same here, and feels too intrusive now. It completely ruins the retro atmosphere, I select the area to attack, choose my friend, ready for action and poof! Suddenly some guy and his girlfriend having coffee plays an inferior strategy mock up wait to buid game, complete with a mediocre background music. Ruins the moment, action and the theme. I know it is also Angry Birds and I should not hope for a serious atmosphere... but this is too much.

P.S. And I haven't seen any significant improvement, so I advise to who cares: Do not update!

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I assume there's no "remove ads" IAP, right? If not, I'd rather stay with current version instead of updating.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    The update did seem to significantly lower the cost of opening a new area. Before, it was going to cost 60k coins and now it's 4k. Upgrades are still the same, and the 2 nxt areas I have to be at rank 60 (no difference there either), but I'll take the next areas being much cheaper as one step in the right direction.

4. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Those two areas your working towards unlocking coast 5k each once you have the required rank. One of them unlocks a new sound wave, the other one unlocks the dinosaur.

5. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    You know, I'm glad you mentioned what you got, because I already unlocked Soundblaster (the alt SW), and that 1st "60k" area unlocked Energon Starscream. I'm curious who is getting what because I've seen Jazz and it's killin' me. Also a black Bumblebee, Thundercracker (please tell me Skywarp is in the game!), Energon Soundwave and Galvatron and Optimus....although I think some of them are Telepods

On another positive note, the toon TV updated to a new cycle of G1 Tformers, so I'm looking forward to having more flashbacks to my childhood Lol

6. Strange Famous

Strange Famous Active Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Don't know why, but I wasn't feeling this game.. maybe I just haven't gotten far enough in it.

7. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #107 chief78, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Holy crap today's update just made this game a ton more accessible! I was able to open up another 3 sections previously locked, and got paid 400 coin per location where coins had populated, so not sure if that was a one time thing or if coin areas will accumulate up to 400 coins each.

Either way, there's a few new characters (for me it was Jazz, Brawl, Thundercracker, and Something....stone grimlock), and there's also three bombing runs (per day?....yet to find out) where when ur at the map, you can select Skywarp down at the bottom of the screen. Tapping on him can be done 3 times (again don't know the frequency) for 3 gems each, and then has you select a mission to bomb. Doing so "destroys" the mission....basically you can bypass it (!!)

Anyone who still had this game on their phone should DEFINITELY uodate. Rovio seems to have finally struck a fair balance with this game ##

8. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Reinstalled,checked update. Oops, no cloud? Previous progress lost.

9. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Anyone checking on this, STAY AWAY. Rovio really screwed around with the last update, adding gear that needs to be grinded for in order to level up your character. Some of these can take up to 2 days....2 days!? And the gear you're grinding for isn't even guaranteed. I uninstalled this game. I'm sooooo tired of the Transformers mobile games being IAP-fests. I would totally pay a one-time fee for a premium tformers game with none of the shenanigans. Spending any money on their mobile games seems to only promote heavier IAP tactics, which just defies logic....Oh well....