Universal Angry Birds Transformers (by Rovio Entertainment Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HansKaosu, Sep 25, 2014.

1. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    Oh yeah, now the name "Gungho" sounds familliar.

2. ScornedNerdvana

Apr 16, 2014
    I've made it to level 31 or so and I've still got a 15000 coin area to unlock, and as entertaining as this has been, I'm out.

3. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Lucky for you. I unlocked all of the 15k areas, the next one is 60k. There's no way I'm grinding out that many coins. The amount per level never really seems to pick up either. Really disappointed with this. The run 'n gun take on Angey Birds could be fun, but this is just ridiculous, repetitive, and one of the worst f2p implementations I've seen,

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    When the game soft launched in Canada, I used Airplane mode a few times to skip the timers - until I found a bunch of my birds had lost several upgrades each.

5. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I've also got one 15k area left, at lvl 35, and I'm feeling the pay wall closing in fast. I don't see how IAP for gems benefits players in any regard, since coins r the only way to upgrade and repair.....in fact it seems like that got slapped on last second, and they F'd up the balance as well. Things become waaaaay, too hard too quickly, and then these chump missions that pay nothing are thrown in to make progress so painfully slow. This game is absolutely crippled by the pay model.

Add a damn coin doubler, let us watch more damn videos (it's like 3 a day....really?), good god kill timers for repairs and upgrades. It's painful enough to wait for new levels to be "built"

6. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Whereas I only really feel the need to play a few stages a day anyway - there's not really much variety to it, after all.

I'll play those few stages, use the Video Doubler whenever I have a good run, and check in about 3-4 times a day to get the free 3,200 Coins that provides.

And can't you use Gems to "instant" upgrade your 'Bots/'Birds without the need for Coins? I've never bothered to try because I've yet to encounter a difficulty higher than Medium and as such have no need to upgrade faster than I have been.

7. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Better than all 3 Michael Bay abominations combined.

8. Lemmonz

Lemmonz Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Are you saying there's a good one?

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week nominee...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Angry Birds Transformers was nominated for voting in Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week to occur over the next three days. Participants may vote for their favorite release from the week of October 16. Developers may not vote for their own game, voters must be pre-existing Touch Arcade members.

Vote here --> http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3379106

10. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Jenga Mode

Guys,

How much is the Jenga Mode?

There are two "Jenga Modes" at the description of the game at the iTunes AppStore (1.99 and 9.99) and at the game itself, there is only one option for 9.99.

Can anyone explain?

Thanx

11. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    I'm surprised that Angry Birds Transformers only has 4 votes.

12. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I questioned that too. But you can't buy it from the App Store, so once you go into the game to purchase, it's $9.99.

I swear, between the stupid difficulty and pay wall not too far in, the gems just feeling like it was a tacked-on currency to cash in on IAPs (that are stupid expensive for not much more), and the Jenga mode being listed first (note the importance of that) at $1.99 and then towards the end of the list, the "oh yeah, whoops let's correct the price (and forget to remove the previous one that was probably intended before this game was dumped on with the IAP greed). "

To the last post, 4 votes seems low but this game's progress is just halted without at least spending $10 or just playing for months to get anywhere. It's just too much. $5-10 up front with the proper progression and difficulty curve with only 1 currency to earn and be able to use, and sold. Instead they ruined what would have been such an awesome game if the balancing were set back to what it was probably initially intended to be. Shame really.

13. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

So my 6-year-old reallllly wanted to try this tonight.
    He blew his way through the first set of levels, laughing and cheering throughout. He loved it. But as soon as he hit the first set of timers, he carefully set my iPad aside and said: "Dad, this game isn't fun anymore".

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Put his ipad offline and move the clock forward. I have a friend who does that for his two sons and their now playing it for hours on end.

15. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Someone mentioned they tried this and it wasn't allowing their characters to progress....is there no penalty for doing this now?

16. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Super restrictive games like this are exactly why people hack save data to get unlimited currency to beat the ridiculous timers. Seriously, why do companies keep making games that force you to stop playing? Didn't Rovio learn anything from the release of Angry Birds Go? Unless they somehow fixed that game's stupid pay wall model, but i wouldn't know because I stopped playing right after i realized that I spent a ton of money upgrading a kart that I couldn't even use in the next area. Screw that game deleted. This game is also tempting a permanent delete considering I only get to play for about 5-10 minutes every hour and upgrades are taking longer and longer.

17. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Because Telepods are involved, it was a huge success. Of course, that depends upon ur definition of success. I just wish this game wasn't based around Telepods.....but it is

18. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Update just hit, no change in upgrade pricing but that first 60k land price tag on my map is now 4k.

19. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I'm now seeing advertisements after choosing my friends bots.

20. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    Yes same here the pricing went down and advertisements are there now.