Universal Angry Birds Transformers (by Rovio Entertainment Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HansKaosu, Sep 25, 2014.

1. BTW guys what's the Jenga mode ?

2. macachia

macachia Member

Aug 4, 2011
    happening to me as well on iPhone 6 plus and iOS 8.0.2

some pics i posted to rovio on twitter:
    http://t.co/PHKj0gVaGL
    http://t.co/PHKj0gVaGL

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #43 macplash, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    well, I don't understand how the cost for recharging health works, sometimes it asks for 500 coins, sometimes 2000 coins. I'd like to say "in later stages", but I'm playing for just a couple of days and the prices getting ridiculous - explore new area for 40.000 coins, unfreeze new character for 1000 pigs (obtainable by succesfully finishing the stages only), upgrade character to next level 16.000 (and it's only lvl 6 of possible 10) not to mention there's 24 characters overall. without real money it'll take months to unlock all characters and upgrade them. I'm not even saying some of the characters are basicly the same (heatwave vs sentinel prime for example), what's the point? if you don't upgrade your characters, the stages are almost unbeatable (if your health is not fully recharged you'll probably die), without upgrades the difficulty is set to high / very high, even on medium it's 50/50 to even finish the stage. when you die, you'll get only the coins, not the pigs and without pigs you can't unfreeze new characters. when you die, you'll get the coins as mentioned but you'll need them to recharge your health.. I'm not a fan of freemium games so that's the reason why I'm not very satisfied with the game probably. I'd appreciate to be able to buy e.g. coin doubler, purchasing overpriced gems is not an option in this case. I'm not even saying the gameplay is more repetitive with every stage, there's nothing new at all, just increasing difficulty causing frustration instead of having fun.

on the other side the characters are cute, transformations to vehicles are awesome, sound effects and music are great as well as the visuals. I wish the gameplay was better and freemium model more balanced.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Game is out globally now (or at least in the US). I'm hoping they fixed that graphics bug (they told me they were working on it when I emailed them). Installing now!

5. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Can't get it in the UK yet :(

6. Morolord

Morolord Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
  7. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ

8. Hausman Prime

Hausman Prime Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Made. My. Day.
    But the game is much better than his movies no girl screaming one person's name so far.

9. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    The iPhone6 graphics bug? I'm pretty certain that got fixed.

10. jeStR65

jeStR65 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I'm on iOS 8.0 and have an iPhone 6 and my characters look like they are supposed too only bug I ran into was bumble bee got blown up like a inch before the level was over and he just laid there burning while Optimus kept waiving him to jump on the ship lol got stuck there so had to restart but other than that no issues

11. ssahnan

ssahnan Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    I hit 1-2 hour long timer minimums after about 10-15 minutes of initial play. Built a like the racer in sense that levels are ultra small so you hit timers quicker.

It's not a defined line where freemium detracts too much from the fun of a game and more importantly having a level of fairness but in my brief time with this one, sits on the dirty side of that freemium line for me.

Overall was a fun 10-15 minutes though but I could see it getting very old, very repetitive, really quick. Don't think I'll need to worry about that freemium line on this one. I can't see this holding interest past the day.

12. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Man that icon looks bad! I thought it was a spam that managed to make it past apple reviewers haha.

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sigh.. a great game ruined by freemium. The gameplay is nice and casual. Easy for a pick anytime rather than a "puzzle" that takes many tries to perfect.

However it seems the timers are the downfall of this one. Almost everything has a timer and it's ridiculous how you have to CONTINUALLY PAY to keep playing. The armor on your robots will eventually be destroyed and you can't wait your robot out to heal, you have to pay up or you can't progress. Ridiculous. And to go to new areas, you have to pay. Also you can't actually pick which robots to use (though it's similar to other AB games), but the problem really is that you can pay to upgrade each robot despite the robots you can use for each level are pre-determined. So in a way this game is just constantly stealing money.

In my opinion this is 2 steps forward and 3 steps back for AB. They're really embracing freemium.

14. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Encountered a bug when I push button that transforms you into car the screen goes black. Sometimes it comes back on sometimes it doesn't.

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #55 chief78, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    Gerrrrrr......And that sums up this game for me. Telepods (ala Skylanders and Infinity), timers, and the big pay walls as mentioned. There's a cool game somewhere here, but pay to win....more like pay to even play...##

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Id like to see a list of my bots with the ability to start their repairs. Waiting until a stage shows up with them and then having to sit there waiting for the repair is annoying.

17. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Holy crap the timers after the first couple of stages are borderline ridiculous.

30-45 minute waits after every 1 minute mission. Ridiculous. Coupling that with the terrible recharge timers for the bots and what is a mildly entertaining diversion has turned into monotonous micromanaging.

Adding insult to injury, the second stage, after you shoot the shack, it freezes on me so I can't even play that stage at all.

What really sucks is the gameplay, presentation, graphics, effects, and the soundtrack are awesome. Some serious time and fan service went into this game which actually shocked me considering this is a spin off of a series that to me is kind of lame. The Star Wars versions for instance were just the same games re-skinned. I was truly impressed to how much of a throwback this game actually turned out to be and overall how fun it initially was.

After a few minutes though, the constant managing of time and recharging just leaves me with a terrible taste in my mouth. I'd be fine dropping a few bucks on this one instead of it being free and I'm sure most Transformers fans would as well. The soundtrack is already on my iPhone and I thought I would never buy a phone game soundtrack. It's that good.

Sadly the paymodel and freemium undertones are borderline sickening after the first few minutes and especially after you unlock a few characters.

18. justcallmedewey

justcallmedewey Active Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Omg stop whining about timers. This game is amazing. Timers are what keep it free. If you can't get past the timers, go watch all the cartoons they have, including FULL EPISODES OF THE ORIGINAL TRANSFORMERS! Go listen to the music by original Transformers music man, Vince Dicola. Seriously this game is the definition of a 5 star game and I hope half of you can get over the freemium model for two seconds and see that.

19. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #waitingforthefirstiPhonewithaslotforquarters

...and I'm out.

R.I.P. AB.

DBC

20. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Am I missing something or does this game not allow you to sign into your Rovio account so game progress can be transferred to different devices?