Universal Angry Birds Transformers (by Rovio Entertainment Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HansKaosu, Sep 25, 2014.

1. [Soft Launch NZ] Angry Birds Transformers

I'm enjoying this so far. Many timers but well. Freemium game. We can't ask everything. Still a good game for me as a fan of 90's cartoon. And it's definitly Angry Bird gameplay but in 3D and with less skill.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks man. That saved me right there. :D

3. TouchGamer1987

TouchGamer1987 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Grad Student
    New York City
    Now if only we could get an iOS Beast Wars game!!!

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... Only a few minutes in and i cant play because the next stage is on a timer.

The concept is that the enemy takes time to actually create their stronghold, and when finished you are allowed to visit and destroy it. LOL

Cant play for the next 8 mins though. :p

5. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    You must've done something wrong... did you unlock Bumblebee? That's how you open the second set of missions.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I was completing everything really fast but wasnt able to kill 70 pigs right away which blocked me from unlocking bumblebee right away, so i had to wait for the next mission to unlock so i could unlock bumble bee which i just did now.

7. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Omg yes. I totally forgot about beast wars!!! I used to wake up every morning before school and watch beast wars with my buds. Nostalgia.

In other news...this game actually looks pretty tight. Kinda major mayhem-ish?

8. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I would not be surprised if there are Beast Wars characters in this game. I just came across the ability to unlock Heatwave, who is a Rescue Bot from the currently running little kid Transformers show (they don't fight, they just rescue foolish humans from natural disasters). So they are not strictly doing G1 bots. Cool. My son is going to want to play this now...

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #29 L.Lawliet, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Well at least timers are getting more creative! :D

Am I dreaming? They finally allowed us to play offline? I'm downloading now!

Btw, Tranformers is my favorite franchise in the world and this AB game looks like the biggest change since racing (though racing really wasn't that great). Optimus Prime is my hero! Aside from my Dad of course. I still think Optimus prime and Megatron look goofy here. I guess it's because the beak instead of the faceplate.

Edit:

Anyone having graphics issues with this game? The Optimus has just solid red on his face and chest. No designs. Looks like a bug in ios8 versions or something.

Edit 2:

Actually all characters are basically blocks with no designs. Great.. Maybe the game didn't download the assets yet? It never asked to download anything and loads up immediately.

10. This game is so cool. Can't wait everyone try it.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Meh... I still run out stuff to do when all timers are running LOL... Right now all my bots are either being repaired or upgraded.

12. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Surprised I'm excited about an angry birds game. Probably because it doesn't play like one. When are we supposed to get this?

13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    October 15th for iOS

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I think there's an ios8 bug since everyone else hasn't experienced it. So i won't be able to keep playing. So bummed out. This is the only new Angry Birds I've been so interested in.

16. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    what bug? i did not notice any and i run ios 8

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Could you describe the bug since I am playing the game since more or less one Hour (InGame) over a time period of eight hours on my iPhone 5s with 8.0.0 and hadn`t yet any a bug that would stop me from moving forward in the plot.

The only bug I had so far encountered was that the Game did crash when I had updated Red the first time and the Game did crashed straight to the Home Screen.

Note:

Just in case the Team at Rovio would read this. Here is the Crash Log Report.

18. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but it's also available in Canada.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well that's weird. iphone 6 bug? There's no details on characters. They all look like blocks for me. Enemies consist of one color and the main character is 2 colors. They all look like clay figures basically. I reinstalled it and did the same thing. Does it ask you if you want to download content? I'm wondering if it just never downloaded the data for the rest of the game.

I have the newest iphone and I'm not upgrading the iOS since 8.0 is 95% stable for me. I think it should work supposedly.

20. Rovio. Release the soundtrack. This is a blast !!!!