iPad Angry Birds Seasons - by Rovio Mobile [2012 Halloween Update]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    @Musclegiant: at least read the post above yours.

2. Musclegiant

Musclegiant Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Yeah I read it. You expect we all are sheeple who do what TA tells us to do. Or to buy games that are TOLD are good. That's bs. I am one of the most skeptical people when it comes to games and I can honestly say AB is th 3rd game I ever bought for my iphone and is still in my top 10 fave games and I have A LOT since then. So again you are a jealous dev.

3. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Not jealous. Frustrated. Two different things.

4. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I send the first yellow bird up vertically aiming for the helmet pig, landing in the space between the two bits of concrete on the top left side. Then I use the next white bird to either finish off the helmet pig (if the tower didn't collapse and do it for me) or to create a gap in the remaining structure to the right. This should give you a nice exposed area to send through the next yellow bird, taking out another couple of pigs and hopefully bringing down the rest of the structure at the same time. This then leaves the last two birds either to mop up any remaining pigs, or to be a 20,000 point bonus towards the 3 stars.
    Hope this makes sense! :)

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You didn't reply to the part where Zincous pointed out it's not the same game.

6. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Why do dumb books become best sellers? Why does terrible music play continually on the radio? Why is Michael Bay still making movies? Maybe people don't care or just aren't paying attention, who knows.

Apple certainly doesn't help; whether this is ignorance or collusion with devs/pubs, I have no clue. Why is Peggle in the "Designed for iOS 4" category? Why is Shanghai Mahjong still featured in the "Board Games" section, when there have been numerous superior offerings since that game was released? Why is the Top 200 games list so depressing?

When designing for the masses, you sometimes have to design to the lowest common denominator to guarantee sales (see Activision), and that's unfortunate. This problem isn't limited to the iOS platform; it has cursed both the PC and console spaces for decades.

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Having played both games I can say they are totally different. Yes this has a Halloween theme but it is NOT a reskin. It is a different game.

In the future, keep your notes to self to yourself because when you actually publicly post them they are notes to the masses and shows that yes you are struggling, yes you are in the same boat at a lot of other developers, and yes Rovio are genius to come up with such a simple idea that took off like wildfires.

Now just to get three stars on each level. And they do seem harder in this version.

8. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    LOL glad I'm not the only one that thought they were harder

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #109 ColeDaddy, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
    Hmmm... I haven't bought this version yet, been thinking about it. However, after reading in this thread that the game isn't a reskin, I found this review from Appspy.com that says that it is.

Check it out around 1:06 into the review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C-UmWW11IY&feature=player_embedded

(I tried to embed the vid directly here to no avail)

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I would take NEG's word over theirs. Plus I know NEG is pretty familiar with the game and would probably recognize a reskin straight away.

Actually looking at it, I think they just worded it badly. It sounds like they meant the gameplay is essentially the same thing reskinned, but not the actual level layout.

11. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Seriously, too much hate. It's how it is for a lot of devs, Rovio mostly got lucky, a few sites review their game, people spread it around and it became a hit! You can't blame them for making a game that many people love and for getting lucky and getting good publicity.

12. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    people keep spouting this crap. Look, I've played a hell of a lot of videogames in the 30 plus years I've been a gamer and I know a good game from a bad one. Angry Birds is a good, well designed game. It is NOT "random", it does benefit from skillful play, and it absolutely is worth the 2 dollars it cost me. I've played a fair number of idevice games that this did not hold true for but AB is a good one. You don't like it and thats fine, but the need for you to believe that those of us who do are just eating whatever we're spoon-fed and don't actually know anything better is quite pathetic really.

13. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    If the levels are all new, and of equal quality to the original levels, and the difficulties to earn the stars are as perfectly set as they are in the original, then WOW!!! Another great game for 99 cents!!!

14. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009

Lowest common denominator = accessibility for the masses. Hard core gamers complain. If you take the example of Blizzard in PC games, you will see where success lies. They're not the first in genre, and not necessarily the best - they are the most accessible, and the gameplay mechanics are simple enough for the masses to pick up. I don't think it's a curse. It's just a different market they're going after.

Of course, the iOS market is different. It's after the same market that the Wii is really after. If you want the hardcore games that deliver different gameplay, get a PS3 or XBox 360. If you want easy to pick up and play games, get a Wii. Are cell phones really for dedicated gaming? People like to play easy and accessible games. I think Angry Birds and this sorta sequel are perfect for the Iphone. The sequel is nicely designed new levels with some new elements, and the original game has been worth much more than my original 99 cents. So I gave them an extra buck. It was worth it.

15. hellboy8x

hellboy8x Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I love this game but graphic is not good

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Compared to what?

Man, what the hell is going on in this thread it's like Bizarro World or something. It pretty much comes down to this: If you even vaguely enjoyed the original Angry Birds, pick up the Halloween edition. It's a god damn dollar.

17. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Possibly he's talking about the icon. It looks crappy on 2g touches compared to the original game's icon. But if that's not what he's talking about, he's just plain loco I guess.

18. Glass Joe

Glass Joe Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Ugh, I suppose for a dollar there's enough content here, but with it being the same price as the original, it feels like a rip-off. Should have totally been DLC, a new game implies that it's a "new game" but there are no new ideas here.

19. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    how is it a rip off a buck more for 45 levels plus they said they would be updating it for free also

20. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

What I dont get is people complain it's not DLC, and if it was DLC it would have been the same file size(adding more to original AB), and same price.