iPad Angry Birds Seasons - by Rovio Mobile [2012 Halloween Update]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 20, 2010.

1. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    And no. 1 in US app store already, Cut the Rope had a good run!

2. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    ho-lee shitt. well, release a cut the rope halloween version and hope IT dethrones angry birds halloween lol

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Cut The Rope update should bump it back up.

4. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    It just did. Now they're switching back and forth every five minutes.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thread Summary

So - I went through the previous 9 pages to see if anyone had ANY comments about the actual game - the answer - NO!

Summary -

People excited about it coming out
    People thinking it should be universal
    People arguing about the merits of the devs releasing their own app.
    Discussion about chart placement...

Hopefully someone will have some actual comments about the durn app. Are these new levels, or are they a re-skin of AB that already exists?

6. MarioKartMaster

MarioKartMaster Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I bought it, and liked it so far.

Gameplay is very similar to the original game (the different birds are even introduced in the same order), but it is different enough that it doesnt's get too boring.

Oh, by the way although it doesn't officially say there are retina graphics, I believe that there is. The menus are a little pixelated (just as they are in the original), but the gameplay graphics are definitely HD.

All in all, I think its worth it... it would be awesome if they added a few more levels though. :)

7. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Active Member

Feb 21, 2010
    What I meant was, I'm presuming any future angry birds update will be on the new 'halloween' angry birds. Once it updates, they will just repackage/rename as 'angry birds' and the first level will be halloween. Therefore, it's just packages as 'halloween' for the halloween season. I doubt chillingo/the previous app will have the right/developers permission to continue writing/creating new level packs, all the new ones will presumably be put on the new app that isnt connected to Chillingo.

Unless there is an Apple rule banning the renaming of app names directly after release. Happy to admit my presumption is wrong if so.

8. GamerChick

GamerChick New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Ugh

Although the background looks fun and I enjoy Angry Birds, there is no way they are getting another 99 cents from me for essentially a new skin. They add levels to the basic edition and thus it's entirely unnecessary IMO. Meh.

9. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Well, my reaction to the "special edition" part was that it was for a limited time. i.e the app will be gone some time after halloween is over. I doubt the halloween version will get any updates let alone replace the original angry birds.

Also commenting on the part where you said "Once it updates, they will just repackage/rename as 'angry birds' and the first level will be halloween."
    makes it redundant to make two angry bird apps.

10. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Active Member

Feb 21, 2010
    From my understanding, the 'two angry birds apps' this has nothin to do with halloween, and more with the fact that the developers are not using Chillingo as Publishers anymore. The original Angry Birds app is with Chillingo as the publisher. Hence my presumption that if they continue to create updates, without Chillingo, they will be added to the Halloween/non Chillingo version and repackage it as a 'non chillingo angry birds' app once the halloween season is finished.

Again this is all presumptions, based on the information within this thread about Chillingo.

11. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Can someone tell me how to get through level 1-10? I've been stuck on this level and can't get past it!!!

12. Therealtrebitsch

Therealtrebitsch Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Hm... Note to myself: people love to get ripped off by selling them the same crap with new graphics...

13. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    note to self: people love to get good games for a buck or two...

14. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Always like to see devs slam other devs and customers. Makes it easier to decide who to support.

15. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    +1 to this

+1 to this jealousy one hell of a drug

16. Therealtrebitsch

Mar 2, 2010
    #96 Therealtrebitsch, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
    It was a note to myself as clearly stated. I was thinking loud as a developer.

How you read it, is your problem.

Yes, please support devs, who rip you off with the same crap just to dinstance themselves from a publisher that made them big, so they can trashtalk about them and hort even more money, instead of other devs (not me) who have really cool games struggling on the places 1667-21284 because it has no "angry" and no "birds" in its title.

I don't need your 99 cents, which you think is the most precious thing in the world and in your opinion you should get at least 3 helicopters and 387 levels for it and probably a skyscraper as addition.

17. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Same here :eek: Anyone have any tips?

18. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    You don't think 45 new levels (plus more in updates) for one of the best games and only $.99 is worth it?

It's not just some re-skin of the regular game. They are all different levels and new components with the pumpkins and lanterns etc...

No developers just keep giving free levels away forever, of course they want to make more money. Eventually they had to do something with this story line with it's great succes. Developers make sequels and theme editions of their games all the time, this just happens to be for one of the most popular games on the App Store.

19. Therealtrebitsch

Mar 2, 2010
    Yeah? And why it was struggling on Nr 667-889 from december to february and nobody cared?

Let's face it: you buy, what the hype tells you to buy and you will find excuses to pay for the same app the tenth time too, before you look for another game. And the other game will be probably an overhyped game too.

We had a Nr2 app already in the appstore, so I am really not jelous. I just know now, that I will make the same app with different graphics over and over again, because that seems to be, what you people like.

That's all.

20. Musclegiant

Musclegiant Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010

lol Jealousy much? Also, who the hell are you? Another uncreative dev who can't even push out a top 1000 game so you have to knock other devs? What's wrong with them using their new found success to maximize profits by producing their own games with no help? I think it's a great idea personally. If you actually played the game, you would see that it's completely new levels. One dollar to support a dev who has brought us huge updates time and time again is not a big deal. Again, who are you?