Universal Angry Birds Journey (by Rovio Entertainment)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ste86uk, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This is back, and called Angry Birds Journey now (was originally called Angry Birds Casual).

According to Rovio this is still technically in soft launch, and should be available in the following countries:
    USA, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, and Poland.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Nice find, I’d completely lost track of this one. Do you think they changed the name so they can make it more freemium with lots of lovely IAP’s and systems? As before it seemed very fair and f2p no tricks.

3. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    #23 new_ipodtouch5G_owner, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    I just tried to install this and I got the message...
    How is this app NOT compatible with a new iPad Mini 5 running iPadOS 14.3?
    Don't get me wrong, I probably will NOT lose any sleep over this not installing... but I was kind of curious.

I am kind of used to that message of not being compatible... ever since I picked up a iPhone 4S still running iOS 6 at a thrift store. I have been going back to my old purchases to see what might work and what doesn't.

Update January 22. 2021
    Didn't lose any sleep... the game has received an update and the error is now gone and it does install, however it was uninstalled quickly as it seems to require an internet connection just to start.

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    After a 9 month soft launch, and then another 12 month soft launch, this one is finally releasing worldwide in late January. Seems like all the soft launch territories can still download it right now, but I think I'll move this whole thread to the Upcoming section and just start a new one when the worldwide launch happens.

Here's the game link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/angry-birds-casual/id1498198098

If that doesn't work for you, you aren't a soft launch region but can pre-register on the website here.
    There's also a new blog post from Rovio with more info.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA