Universal Angry Birds Epic - (by Rovio Entertainment Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 17, 2014.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I gave it about fifteen minutes and I quit. So this happens EVERY time? Good lord! I guess too many players are playing right now. Sometimes it says downloading game texts and sometimes audio container. Ridiculous. Maybe they are in cahoots with AT&T getting money from players going over their limited data plans.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well it claims it does that EVERY time but I guess we're all brainless to Rovio so we shouldn't care. When I first downloaded it I thought my game bugged out but if you turn off your connectivity it'll tell you it can't download and to check your internet.

Yeah anyhow it's stupid. It DOES NOT need to be online but in the end this will release world wide and it will be peeling off small bits of your data and forcing you to stay online.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I've been playing at work with 3G and didn't notice it needs data, so I can't play in airplane mode at home?

Seems to get pretty difficult to get 3 stars further in too. I want to like it but so far it's simple and not as deep as I'd like but it's picking up a little.

4. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    #64 HansKaosu, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    i had to re-launch the game

Nope. Not for me. I used Wi-fi though. but it did not load extra every time

Did you connect Rovio account? I have a feeling there is a first time connect bug.

5. Doron

Doron Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Yes I did, then I logged out, force quit and I gain back my progress from before I logged in with my Rovio account. So that fixed it. I won't login my Rovio account until the bug is fixed

6. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    #66 HansKaosu, Mar 18, 2014
    Okey seems it just the first time you login the glitch happens but yeah better be safe then sorry.

Iv tweeted Rovio back on twitter with the an update. Hopefully they sort this out quickly.

7. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    I got it to open on my fourth try this morning. Played for a bit and then force closed it. On reopening I found it DOES have to redownload if the app has been closed. (not on your multitasking bar) I did not lose progress but it took the app about a minute and a half to open again. Gamesalad opponents should love that!

8. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    All it does is check for updates. Its not downloading anything.

Takes less then 5 sec to get in-game for me.

Angry Birds Go is exactly the same.

9. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Yuck! Nope! What! Resist!

10. MDavis360

MDavis360 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Played for about 3 hours yesterday-and today, all my progress is gone. What a waste.

11. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    #71 HansKaosu, Mar 18, 2014
    I bet you connected to Rovio account?

There is a first time connect bug
    --
    Submitted report on the connection issue to support. hopefully they will patch this quickly.

12. MDavis360

MDavis360 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    I set it up yesterday, then played for 3 hours. Today its gone.

13. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    The fighting has some similarities to Skylanders Battlegrounds - where you drag a line from the character to the person or group you want to attack or use a special ability on.

14. Doron

Doron Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Maybe toucharcade should changed the title to warn people not to connect their rovio account, so they do not lose their progress

15. phil2k

phil2k Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Let me add to the growing chorus of voices who had all progress wiped.

16. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    #76 Mr. Grizzly, Mar 18, 2014
    I am playing this game on my iphone 5C. I connected with my Rovio account and have not lost any progress, so the bug does not affect everyone.

Looks like I spoke too soon! I closed the game from the multitask bar and restarted it. After playing the first battle again, I was able to check the settigs and confirm my progress was lost too.

On another note, the game states you get a gift for logging into your Rovio account. I did not get any gift.

17. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Double burned! Ouch! :(

18. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    Start the game.. connect to rovio and restart the game.. the reset glitch will happen.

This only happens the first time.

that seems to sum up this bug?

19. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    #79 Card, Mar 18, 2014
    Mental note - don't create or log in with a Rovio account.

My progress is ok, I have the third bird, the healer. It's a fun little game, though not a fan of having to need the internet to play.

I haven't hit a wall requiring IAP, but I've replayed past levels a couple times here and there.

20. HansKaosu

Nov 19, 2013
    #80 HansKaosu, Mar 18, 2014
    This is one of the friendliest F2P games iv played in a while.

NO energy bar
    NO timers
    iAPs are all mats/potions and specially upgraded craft tools to get greater chance of better star rating when crafting

You can also buy the premium currency with coins you earn ingame. and MATS you get from beating pigs

There are some grind involved but its par for the course for such a game.

All in all this is pretty solid.

Could use some tweaking.. and that initial reset bug needs to be sorted but yeah fantastic game