Universal Angel Sword (by DVide Arts Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    If you guys are looking for an awesome open world game then just play The Quest with all of it's expansions and you'll never need to worry about open world non-roguelike rpgs on ios...

2. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Heh, it always seems to be you who mentions The Quest when it comes to RPGs. Not that I'm complaining of course, I'm glad to see someone else who loves The Quest, Redshift, and Zarista as much as me :)

3. azerti14

azerti14 Member

Dec 18, 2013
    This game is really bad...

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Why is this game so badly rated.. How often do you play an angel who can fly on a rpg? Seriously. U guys are mean

5. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    I think I know why the game is getting bashed so much here. Mobile gaming has come a long way. I remember when Crusade of Destiny first came out and it was pretty amazing to have that full 3D explorable world on mobile. Earth & Legend was the same deal with better textures, but both of those games were pretty rough and had fairly dull gameplay. At the time I thought those were great games for mobile, but with newer and better games over time people have come to expect more from new releases. Looking at the gameplay footage, it just looks like Earth and Legend with better environments and flying, but the same simplistic gameplay and roughness. Nowadays, that just won't cut it for a lot of people.

I have fond memories of their prior two games though, so I'll definitely give it a shot.

6. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Just watched the android gameplay. It looks really bad, I hated how it sounded and how the controls were slow. I really wish this was better than it is.

7. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #47 Repulsa, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    If it was a fully premium game i would give it a try but these guys are trying to pass a game off as premium that really is not. I don't like that they don't disclose the IAP and we have to find out from someone who bought it that there are extensive IAP including "gems" and gold. I can understand buying a few character customization items or pets/mounts but all that extra currency turned this into a solid no for me Also aside from that these developers do not seem to have a good track record for updating their games I always check the version history for all games and with these guys it doesn't look good

8. IPlayGame

IPlayGame Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
  9. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    So, is there no way to lock on to an enemy to use the bow at range? If not, that's pretty ridiculous. I just noticed this issue while watching the video above.

10. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Thirding The Quest. Top tier iOS game.

11. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    tap on the enemy to lock (red circle will appear) and then you can shoot them with your bow properly.

12. Sandalfo

Sandalfo Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Paris, France
    after seeing the gameplay video this does look like a decent game. definitely not one star and five stars seems too much. maybe three and a half ? i'll tell you after i play this

13. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I too can't comprehend why the game is getting rated so low. The video shows a pretty nice looking mobile RPG. Does it end up stealing your wallet or girlfriend maybe?

14. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    Just quickly letting people know, this game will NOT run on an iPhone 4s, and so likely won't run on any A5 devices. They really should specify it in the description. I've got an iPad Air 2 though so I can still play it there.

15. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    So the developers replied to an email I sent and assured me that none of the IAP are required for game progression and are purely cosmetic. Also, you will notice they have now disclosed IAP and they said they were going to add something in the game description. Having that all cleared up there is really nothing to keep me from buying it now while some people have pretty high standards expecting the same graphics and gameplay experience they would get playing on a console, I can just enjoy a really cool game without nitpicking it to death

16. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Amen to that

17. bf66

bf66 Member

Jul 17, 2015
    After playing for a couple of days now I can say the game is fun. Hope to see it evolve into something more than it already is. Would love to see some mmorpg elements. Graphics and sound are great, not sure why there are so many negative comments here about it. For $7 if you are considering trying it do so and give it a chance. $7 is not a huge loss if you don't like it.

18. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I'm gonna try it since it dropped to a buck.

19. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Launches and selects character. Crashed every time as it loads to play the actual game. Any fixes? I'm on iPod 5G.

20. azerti14

azerti14 Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I cant play online with ipad air 2, the game crash and the application close...someone else ??