Universal Angel in Danger (Mario 3D Land style platformer) by Sakis25 Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 14, 2014.

1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sold. I'm getting this ish.

2. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    Def seems to be a shortage of games like this on the App Store, partly for reasons I can understand being virtual controls and the like. I don't mind those control schemes but the platform obviously isn't designed for them. Being a huge mario 64 fan (fav game ever... which is a very hard decision to make as is), I can't resist. Only a buck? I'm sure this will be a lot better than the crap latte I spent 4 bucks on yesterday at Starbucks. Will let you know what I think but this looks fun.

3. sakis25

sakis25 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    I can say that the controls work very well on this game. It has that 3D Mario feel from the good old days.
    Give and a try and I'll wait for your impressions. :)

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    #24 dreadnok, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    If Undeadcow vouches for it I'm getting it how are the boss battles?

5. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    #25 Mullet_Mcgee, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    I've been enjoying this game so far, but I find it really strange that a game inspired by Mario would switch the positions of the A and B buttons. Anybody who has played a Mario game before will feel like this game is doing things backwards, because they are so used to using a button to the left of their thumb to run and throw fireballs, while using the button to the right of their thumb to jump.

It might be a good idea to include an option to switch A and B in a future update.

6. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    Thank you for the feedback. :)
    I can work on an update with the option to switch A and B buttons.

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Got this to support one of my favorite ελληνικό developers! Can't wait to play in a bit. Happy cyg let me know about it!!

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Picking up this one because of posts like these. :)

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm a bit confused; this game isn't published by Crescent Moon, yet the Android version is and on my Twitter Josh is promoting the game even posting a link to this thread. Sooo, is CM somehow involved with the iOS version? Just curious, not that it would sway my purchasing decision one way or another.

10. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    Android version is published by Crescent Moon Games and it will be available today worldwide. :)

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm glad Crescent Moon is involved, one of my favourite publishers

I must admit i wish there was perhaps a point where you could resume, too many times i get quite far then stupidly get killed and have to start again which is frustrating

But still loving the game !

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This game is fantastic. Controls are pretty much spot on, graphics are great, and a blast to play.

Only complaint would be the absence of a type of checkpoint. Maybe that's on purpose to make it harder, but don't mind redoing the level as it's so much fun to play

13. poopyscoopy81

poopyscoopy81 Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Great game! Controls are sweet. Wish you could double jump though and a life bar or halo bar would make the gameplay a bit more forgiving. Any plans for a checkpoint system?

14. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    The hardest thing about the game is that when jumping it's really hard to tell if you're going to hit the enemy's head and kill them or just land right next to them and get killed yourself.

Since getting hit means restarting the level, this makes it a little frustrating. But other than that, it's a great game.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I thought the same but then I realised it shows your shadow when you jump. So you just make sure the shadows on the enemy so when you land you kill him

Quite easy playing it now

16. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    I was thinking to make the player when he gets hurt to lose his power-up first then if you get another hit you lose a life.
    I need some more feedback on this.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    That's a good idea. Even Mario though has checkpoints. The odd one would be good ;)

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #38 undeadcow, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    I like the way it is with one hit kills. Stages don't seem large enough for a checkpoint or multiple hit system; which might make things too easy. If players die between stages depleting all their lives the score just resets and they can continue with whatever point they are so there's no hard permadeath system; in fact that serves as a sort of checkpoint system already present.

19. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    Actually, I like your thinking. I will need some more feedback first about the power-ups and the way you can lose them.
    I have also worked on an update that posts your score on leaderboards when you lose all your lives. In the current version your score is posted when you complete the game. The updated version will be available next week probably.

20. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Loving this!!