Android Gamers, how did you find touch arcade?

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by josue85, Feb 28, 2013.

1. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I had an iPod Touch 2nd generation when I found out about this place.

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I rely on my Nexus 7 for news, info, weather, surfing sites and other functions other than gaming where as my Touch is used mainly for gaming also. For the less games the N7 holds it makes up for it in many other areas.

And welcome to TA ex-long time lurker.:) Nice that you decided to become a member.

3. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Same here. iOS user switched to a Note 2. Glad to see the site expanding.

4. Snowej

Snowej Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I joined the forums back in 2009 when I first got my iPod Touch. I'd always enjoyed coming here, but I found less of a reason when I upgraded to Android.

I did stop by here every now and then, to see if any of the apps featured on the front page were multi-platform, but I was generally disappointing in that sense.

It's good fun and a pretty great community here. There are so many gems you'd otherwise miss, and generally you'll even get to discuss games with their developers and offer feedback.

5. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    I joined wayy back in 2009-2010 when I first got my iPod 2nd gen. This site was perfect because it provided me with a lot of info on games and turned me into the self proclaimed app expert that I am today. This past year I aquired a nexus 7 and an iPhone 5 (both my purchases). I was quite disheartened when I found there was no site like this for android. Droidgamer was similar but it didn't have the same feel as TA. I was quite pleased to learn that TA now has an android forum so I have been appeased haha

6. josue85

josue85 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    I agree on DroidGamer. I like their site, but I think TA has a more polished feel to the site. TA has a personality that I really enjoy.

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wanted to welcome anyone new to TA. I also have been paricipating in DroidGamer'a new forum, but there is such a huge community here that there's nothing that compares IMO. I also have been a member here since having an iPod Touch 2G and now have 3GS that I hope to upgrade to an iPhone 5 sometime this year.

But now I also have a Nexus 7 and while the game market is much smaller on Android the games I've gotten have played wonderfully on it. I've even repurchased some iOS games like Asphalt 7, which runs and looks fantastic on it.