Android apps have a 24 hour return policy

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Vende, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
  2. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

It's a 24 hour from buying to downloading policy by the looks of it. So if you buy but don't download you've got 24 hours to 'un-buy" if you don't download. Otherwise it's a pretty stupid policy as it gives thieves 24 hours to buy, download, crack and then un-buy.

3. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Well theives don't buy the game in the first place except on the initial sale to buy the game that will become cracked. Total loss of sales: one. Meanwhile the users that are actually supporting the devs get hit with all the collatoral damage brought on by stupid restrictions brought on by drm.

The appstore really needs some sort of trial system besides the current lite app which is clogging up the place. Instead of having duplicate apps clogging up the appstore (sometime 2 or 3 actually when devs start experimenting with "Free", "ad supported", "Pro", etc.) you would have one app with a "try me" link right under the "buy" one. Maybe then we could find something when browsing the appstore. Assuming the fart, flashlight, and tip calculator apps don't get in the way.

But yeah Androids system doesn't seem much better. I guess it would solve an acidental click. Not really a big problem though if you ask me.

4. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    #4 Vende, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
    "You have 24 hours from the time of purchase (not download) to return any applications purchased from Android Market for a full refund of any applicable fees. The option to return an application within this timeframe will be made available to you through the Android Market user interface."

It's pretty clear you have 24 hour from purchasing the application to return it, regardless of when/if you actually open the app. Am I missing something?