'And Yet It Moves' & 'The Nightmare Cooperative' are not on the AppStore anymore!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by noteatino, Jul 21, 2017.

1. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    #1 noteatino, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Damn, it looks like the developers doesn't care anymore and we don't get even noticed about they dropping the support. I think these two were released around 2014 as paid apps and we can't get them anymore. That's so disappointing! I know Lucky Frame (the Nightmare Coop dev) doesn't existe anymore but all of their games are still available on the AppStore.

What about warning us at least to keep them on our devices or do an iTunes backup?

2. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #2 Saucepolicy, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    First - have you checked your purchase history in the AppStore? I can still download Nightmare Cooperative through it, though it doesn't really matter. It's not 64-bit and won't be updated if they removed it from the store. Regardless, remember this rule of thumb: with all digital content you are at the mercy of the provider, whether it be Apple, Sony, Steam, etc. If you really like a game, keep a backup. This isn't new.

Lucky Frame decided to call it quits just a few months after Nightmare Cooperative came out on iOS, that should have been a warning sign that it wasn't going to be supported.

I also love how many TA regulars assume ill-intent whenever a game dies, not that perhaps the game didn't make any money on the platform and therefore there's little incentive to keep it working through endless OS updates. And how would a developer warn you to keep a copy of the .ipa when they don't exist any more, or if you don't have it installed and they have no way to reach you? Do you spend your idle time visiting the sites for games you purchased three years ago? Didn't think so.

3. noteatino

Jun 27, 2014
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot that you could visit the Purchased list to the games that doesn't appear on the AppStore anymore. And of course I did my job and have a very long backup on my PC and keep updating some of those titles. But Knowing that it's almost all Apple's fault, and knowing future OS will break most of currently games, I think it's devs work to warn the buyers to at least contact TouchArcade or any site to do backups or keep the game on your device.

4. noteatino

Jun 27, 2014
    It's totally viable make one last update to include on the Update Notes or in-game that the game won't be supported anymore due to low sales or even blaming Apple for non support of 32-bits games and to take the corresponding actions.