And Yet It Moves - Physics puzzle game

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by martinpi, Jan 6, 2011.

1. martinpi

martinpi Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    founder, director & game designer at studio radiol
    Hey guys,

Our Steam & WiiWare game And Yet It Moves is now available in the Mac App Store.

And Yet It Moves is an award-winning physics-based platform game in which players rotate the game world at will to solve challenging puzzles. Tilting the world turns walls into floors, slides into platforms, and stacks of rocks into dangerous hazards.

Navigate through a paper collage world created with colorful pieces of cardboard and set to distinctive music. With three different environments, online leaderboards, achievements and unlockable modes, And Yet It Moves is a platformer that will provide you with endless challenges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Get the game here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/and-yet-it-moves/id404553869?mt=12

FEATURES
    · Advanced Platforming: Run, jump, and rotate the world at your will.
    · A Living World: Meet creatures such as bats, bees and monkeys. Discover how they react to ever-changing gravity to master challenging logic puzzles.
    · 17 levels set in 3 different environments: Discover mind-bending puzzles set in an extraordinary paper collage world created with colored cardboard, brought to life with handmade sounds and music.
    · Speed run mode: Compete against the clock or previously recorded Ghost Runs on each level and in marathon runs through entire chapters.
    · Achievements and online high scores: Unlock achievements. Go for the high score by challenging your friends or complete strangers and polish your skills of rotation.

More information here: http://andyetitmoves.net/

2. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    price drop: $9.99→ $2.99 :eek:

3. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    It's kind of tempting at that price, but I MUCH prefer to have games on Steam where possible :\

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I have this already on Steam (Mac), so I won't be getting it via the Mac App Store, I'm afraid. I haven't played it that much anyway. It seemed good the little bit I've played, I just have had other things to play too and so it ended up in the backlog. Will get to it eventually. If you don't already have this game, it's worth picking up, especially for $2.99.

5. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Have you considered porting this to the iPad?

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Agreed. I love this on Wiiware and it would be great on the iPad.

7. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Yikes! I guess that's the price I pay for being an early adopter: $7.00!

Nice game, though!

8. HMAudio

HMAudio Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Audio Designer
    Toronto
    I've been a fan of this game from since I first saw it - glad to see it doing so well!

9. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    The bird chapter of this game totally makes this game for me. If you are playing And Yet It Moves make sure you play it till the end.

10. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    Well, of course we're considering that. The main problem is that we used an engine for this game that is difficult to port to the iPad/iPhone. I won't go into technical details here. It might get released some day, but don't hold your breath just yet.

11. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    That's still a good deal considering the original price of $10.00! And it's anyway worth it, isn't it ;-)

12. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    You can get AYIM on Steam, no problem. Currently it's got the full price ($10.00) there, but I'm sure there'll be all kinds of crazy Steam bundles and sales in the future.

13. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    If you're stuck on a black screen

One more thing, because this came up in our support forum and I don't want people to water down our great rating with 1-star bug reports.

If you've got the game stuck on a black screen, the most likely culprit is your outgoing firewall. The game connects to the highscore server at the start of a level. If your firewall blocks the connection the game sometimes waits for a loooong timeout.

Solution: Just allow the game to connect to its server by changing your firewall rules and you're fine. We're not transmitting anything personal. We're just submitting your highscore and fetching level times, etc.

14. Crazybreadman

Crazybreadman Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    App Developer
    Washington
    Looks like it's on sale for $0.99 now... anyone else notice how the price has been changing a lot w/ this game?

15. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Now that definitely is extremely tempting. I guess I can miss out on Steam achievements/stats etc to save $9, maybe :s

16. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    The Mac App Store is quite new and we're still experimenting with the price point. Though it'll settle soon and I think we'll ramp it up to the $9.99 it has on all other platforms in the near future.

17. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    What happened to the 99 cent sale? I was about to pick it up but its already back to 2.99.

18. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    That was a mistake. I clicked the wrong box and corrected it immediately. Human error happens. Sorry! The game's worth the $2.00 extra, believe me ;-)